Anyone with Vehicle Branding? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 20th, 2007, 03:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Anyone with Vehicle Branding?

After seeing the fantastic quality of a friend's van branded on the sides and back with their logo and contact details, i decided to look into it. It's not that expensive at all.

Anyone else here with vehicle branding, or thought about doing this?

You turn up at a wedding looking very pro + established, and also it gets your logo out there.

Would you include 'professional wedding and corporate filming' etc, or just stick to the name and website?

cheers
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The bad side of "Vehicle Branding" is that it makes you an easy target for criminals.
I had a DJ friend who was Hijacked on the way home after a function because it was easy to spot him. They stole all his equipment and car.
Something to think about.

Regards...

Last edited by Marco Dias; April 20th, 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Marco Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #3
Major Player

oh jesus, i can't believe i didn't think of that!
and being called 'FXFilms' it's really quite obvious i'm a film production company

cheers Marco, that's certainly made me have serious second thoughts! u might have saved me £££!
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Still Motion

There is something about calling yourself a professional in advertising that just doesn't sit well with me, perhaps it looks more like overcompensation in my mind. I think your reputation and work should make it pretty clear that you are a pro.

If we put any branding on our vehicle, it would just be our website and photo/video. I would also keep it small and out of the way. On the other end, I do think it is nice to show up to a classy wedding and not be a huge advertisement.

So, we are on the fence right now as well.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Inner Circle

No...
theres a time and place for advertising and having logos plastered on your car is not only an invitation to thieves, but is akin to placing your business cards on the dining tables at receptions.. ie tacky...
The wedding is not about you, its about the client.
If u want peoples attention, do a good job. Believe me, they'll notice and u wont need to wave ur own flag
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #6
Major Player

I do agree, and I don't need any extra advertising for the wedding side of things....it was more a thought for the future for my business, becoming a film production company for different things

and i've been put off the idea now anyway

cheers, i do agree though, slightly tacky in theory!
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Dias View Post
The bad side of "Vehicle Branding" is that it makes you an easy tarket for criminals.
I had a DJ friend who was Hijacked on the way home after a function because it was easy to spot him. They stole all his equipment and car.
Something to think about.

Regards...

I recently went to a presentation by a husband and wife photography team that travels the country and take some pretty amazing photos. Aside from the amazing photos and great tips they presented, there was also an interesting fact regarding their travel arrangements.

They have some sort of retrofitted half-camper type of utilitarian truck-like thing that they live in while on the road. It houses all of their high-end photo gear. They have faked logos painted on the truck that identifies them as a septic company. Since they are not pulling up to any classy sites to photograph any special events, this suits them just fine as everywhere they go, folks just leave them and the truck alone.

-Jon
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Major Player

Are magnetic signs too tacky? They can come off as you leave the job site.
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Hey there ya go!

Do the old "Rockford" trick - just have a stack of magnetic signs in yer trunk!

"Joe's Septic Service & Sewage pumping" - heck that one you should be able to hand scrawl on a blank sheet... keeps yer gear safe....

"MegaVision Studios" for when ya need to land the "big one"...

"will take pictures and video for food"... perhaps a bit TOO accurate advertising...

Golly, since you could just peel and stick, you could get pretty creative! (and wouldn't this all qualify for a write off TOO!?)

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
They have some sort of retrofitted half-camper type of utilitarian truck-like thing that they live in while on the road. It houses all of their high-end photo gear. They have faked logos painted on the truck that identifies them as a septic company. Since they are not pulling up to any classy sites to photograph any special events, this suits them just fine as everywhere they go, folks just leave them and the truck alone.

-Jon

<Richard goes off to California in search of a 'septic company' utilitarian truck-like thing, with a mask, empty swag bag, and crowbar LOL>

cheers, that was funny, and had a very valid alternative!
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson View Post
No...
theres a time and place for advertising and having logos plastered on your car is not only an invitation to thieves, but is akin to placing your business cards on the dining tables at receptions.. ie tacky...
The wedding is not about you, its about the client.
If u want peoples attention, do a good job. Believe me, they'll notice and u wont need to wave ur own flag

I am with the post from peter....plus the the advertising to theives is just not a good idea. There's crooks out there who are already looking into cars for stuff to steal.....with signs saying youre a video company seems to be a welcome mat for them.

I dunno though, theres a huge popualtion out here in southern california, who knows......if youre driving in everyday traffic with adds of wedding videography on your vehicle.....maybe youll get some leads out of it. Its not for me.....but to each is own.

We live in a "Ad" filled world.....definately out here.

I like the word of mouth method at this point.....no complaints.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:40 PM   #12
Major Player

We have our business logo on the two doors of our Acura MDX which has our numbers on the bottom. If done tastefully it is not an eyesore at all but another form of advertising. Also it allows us to write off the expenses of our vehicle, and up to $800.00 a month of payments per year. I personally never keep my equipment in the vehicle at any time so theft is not a concern, furthermore if you leave your gear in the vehicle you deserve to have it stolen. We have had people approach us at Walmart while we were loading our truck and compliment us on the wedding they were at and ask for a card for their daughters upcoming wedding. However this is a rre occurence that has only happened twice in the year we have had it. The logos were more of a write off as opposed to advertising anyway.
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers View Post
We have our business logo on the two doors of our Acura MDX which has our numbers on the bottom. If done tastefully it is not an eyesore at all but another form of advertising. Also it allows us to write off the expenses of our vehicle, and up to $800.00 a month of payments per year. I personally never keep my equipment in the vehicle at any time so theft is not a concern, furthermore if you leave your gear in the vehicle you deserve to have it stolen. We have had people approach us at Walmart while we were loading our truck and compliment us on the wedding they were at and ask for a card for their daughters upcoming wedding. However this is a rre occurence that has only happened twice in the year we have had it. The logos were more of a write off as opposed to advertising anyway.

Nobody "deserves" to have their gear stolen no matter what. Your logos sound nice though, especially on a nice suv like an MDX.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM   #14
Major Player

excuse my sarcasm I meant no disrespect, heck now it will probably me that has his stuff stolen. Knock on Wood!!!
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bowers View Post
excuse my sarcasm I meant no disrespect, heck now it will probably me that has his stuff stolen. Knock on Wood!!!

Nah dude.....nobody wants that.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques