DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 8 Pro pricing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/103211-vegas-8-pro-pricing.html)

Mike Kujbida September 10th, 2007 08:42 AM

Vegas 8 Pro pricing

$134.95 download or $149.95 boxed.
Go here for the details.

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 09:04 AM

Beautiful. Thank you.

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 11:07 AM

Hmmm - bit concerned that I just upgraded from v7 to v8 and I paid $234.95 this morning!

What did I do wrong?! More to the point, how can I resolve it!!??

Edward Troxel September 10th, 2007 11:24 AM

Call customer service and tell them what happened.

I usually takes just a little time for the initial "cheaper" price to become know/made active.

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 11:28 AM

Thanks Edward, I will. Just had a quick peek over at the Sony forums and there are a couple of gripes on a similar theme.

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 11:33 AM

Sigh - only US numbers! If the speed of Sony's call centres is anything like Virgin or Vodafone over here, this international call will end up costing me more than the hoped for refund!!

I've opted for an email instead.

Christian de Godzinsky September 10th, 2007 12:16 PM

Hi,

I fell in the same trap, placed the order at 249,95USD. I decided to call Sony - albeit some expenses callin overseas from Finland. Fortunately, the complete call took only 5 minutes! A very helpful Lady apologized, cancelled my order and asked me to reorder using the new price. The whole thing took 10 minutes. Now I am awaitng my boxed 149,95USD upgrade VP8!!!

I would say that Sony's customer service is in good order. The same you cannot say about the sales dept. They should have started with this special bargain price directly when the gates opened ..... ;) At least it would have saved lots of trouble on both sides of the fence.

Christian

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 02:38 PM

Christian, your brave action inspired me!

I called them direct and they have credited my credit card with the $100.

Painless. In fact, one of the cleanest customer services contacts I've had for a while. Well done Sony.

(As you say, shouldn't have happened in the first place!)

Oh yes, and after I made the call I found a UK customer service number!

Sigh . . .

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 03:00 PM

For non-US based sufferers!

Note that the European numbers put you through to the US location so you need to be calling during their office hours, not yours. At time of writing they are still open for business.

World-wide English language service
+1 608.204.7703
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday

European Locations:
United Kingdom: 0800 028 1475 (toll free)
France: 0805540331 (toll free)
Germany: 0800 0006511 (toll free)
Switzerland: 0800 563636 (toll free)
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday

John Miller September 10th, 2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 741924)
$134.95 download or $149.95 boxed.
Go here for the details.

Does that mean I could buy VegasŪ 8 Movie Studio + DVD Platinum Edition for $129.95 and then upgrade for $149.95 for a grand total of $279.90 - i.e., get the fully boxed product for less than half the list price?

For a current non-user of Vegas, that would represent a steal (and something of a boo-boo on Sony's part). Where's my credit card?

Seth Bloombaum September 10th, 2007 07:43 PM

umm... no.

"Upgrade any professional version of Vegas (Vegas Pro, Vegas Audio, or Vegas Video, Vegas, or Vegas+DVD) to Vegas Pro 8.

Pricing excludes Vegas LE"

It looks to me like that excludes all Vegas Movie Studio versions for the limited time offer of $150 upgrade..

However, there is an upgrade path available to Vegas Movie Studio users on this page
https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com...cid=111&disp=1 for about $300.

Mike Kujbida September 10th, 2007 07:47 PM

Sorry John but you're not that lucky.
The page I linked to says:

Upgrade to Vegas Pro from Vegas

Upgrade any professional version of Vegas (Vegas Pro, Vegas Audio, or Vegas Video, Vegas, or Vegas+DVD) to Vegas Pro 8.

The other upgrade page says:

Upgrade to Vegas Pro from Vegas Movie Studio

Upgrade any version of Vegas Movie Studio, Screenblast Movie Studio, VideoFactory, or Vegas LE software to Vegas Pro software.

That price is $284.95 download or $299.95 boxed.

John Miller September 10th, 2007 08:06 PM

Aha! Thanks, Mike and Seth.

I wasn't sure because though it lists the ones you mention it also says LE isn't valid. Odd to state that but not explicitly mention Movie Studio (which Sony bill has having "professional level power").

Still, getting Movie Studio (not with the DVD stuff):

$79.95 + $299.95 = $379.90 which saves quite a few pennies.

John.

Mike Dulay September 10th, 2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Bloombaum (Post 742265)
"Upgrade any professional version of Vegas (Vegas Pro, Vegas Audio, or Vegas Video, Vegas, or Vegas+DVD) to Vegas Pro 8.

Pricing excludes Vegas LE"

First time hearing of LE (Limited Edition?), does the above mean you can upgrade from even older editions than 7.0 as well ... like upgrade from an upgrade? Has anyone tried?

Matti Remonen September 11th, 2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Dulay (Post 742308)
First time hearing of LE (Limited Edition?), does the above mean you can upgrade from even older editions than 7.0 as well ... like upgrade from an upgrade? Has anyone tried?

Don't know about LE (it may be some OEM-version of Vegas, bundled with camera, or sumthin like that) but traditionally all older Vegas versions have been eligible for an upgrade for the stated price. So if you decide to skip versions (as I did, went from 5 to 7 directly) you won't lose any money on upgrade.

This is one reason I love Vegas. And also the initial upgrade price during first 30 or so days after the release has always been a bargain.