Vegas and Adobe Encore CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Vegas and Adobe Encore CS3

I need to convert video clips into Flash format for presentation on my website. I edit with Vegas.

I almost purchased Sorensen Squeeze, then learned that Adobe Encore CS3 might actually do the job. Additionally, I would, for about the same price as Sorensen, be getting an entire DVD authoring program.

At any rate, anyone have experience converting video edited in Vegas into Flash for the web, and if so any experience using Encore to do so?

I also heard, but am not sure, that Encore creates players that can be embedded into my web pages. I have no clue on what I'm doing, a need to find how to create an embedded player for my samples page that will play linked flash files of my visitor's choosing.

If I am in the wrong area for this topic and you can tell me where to seek some tips, please feel free to tell me.

Best Regards
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I recently got Adobe Production Premium CS3 and burned my first short project with Encore. Although I didn't use Vegas (I used Premiere Pro CS3) to edit the video, there is no reason that it wouldn't work. After I burned the DVD, I wanted to also include a copy of this on our church's website so I exported it to Flash from within Encore.

What I really liked about this workflow is that I entered markers in Premiere Pro for my chapter points and they carried over to Encore. Then, when I published my Flash movie from Encore, it published exactly like my authoried DVD including the working menus! And, yes, it includes player controls, BUT there really wasn't (or I couldn't find it) a way to customize the player. Flash CS3 itself does come with a good selection of easy selectable flash player skins, but I don't get that option in Encore.

If you want to see the result of this, you can check out the video here: http://www.fbchorizon.org/banquet/banquet_video.htm.
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Most helpful, Jim...amazing workflow that you can carry over from Encore to your flash file...Nice menu...did you design it or was it a template from Encore?
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Jeff, if you are talking about the design of the menu, it is one of the ones that comes with Encore.
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Major Player

[QUOTE=

At any rate, anyone have experience converting video edited in Vegas into Flash for the web, and if so any experience using Encore to do so?

I also heard, but am not sure, that Encore creates players that can be embedded into my web pages. I have no clue on what I'm doing, a need to find how to create an embedded player for my samples page that will play linked flash files of my visitor's choosing.

[/QUOTE]

I put stuff on the web all the time that I have edited in Vegas and then encoded for the web. I use Flash 8 to encode it, and it looks good. To embed the video, I use vPIP - which is really amazing. Right now the folks that are working with vPIP are putting together a whole package of stuff to use for creating blogs, vlogs and like that. Best of all - they are free.

Here are some links to take a peak at it. I highly recommend vPIP for embedding. It just keeps getting better and better.

My site with vPIP embeds - http://realrez.com

the vPIP site: http://vpip.org

the site that has all the plugins and controls to make a complete embed and vlog package - http://showinabox.tv

One thing is that these guys are working like crazy on it all right now - so the new SIAB will be ready next week.. However, you can do the embed stuff right now with vPIP.

Hope that helps,
Milt
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Really liked the way your videos are posted...the ability to choose between formats, and the quality is excellent...fast loading...also like that clicking on a video stops the previous from playing. Well done.
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Jeff,

I don't think you can purchase Encore CS3 as a stand-alone. I think you need to get Premiere Pro to get the authoring program.

I hope I am wrong though!
Jay Legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:16 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Jay you are correct sir! A web designer has recommended Flash CS3 pro as the best tool for this use. Makes sense to me.
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:42 AM   #9
Regular Crew

That is great news. Good luck with the project!
Jay Legere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...