Alternative for Media Manager at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Alternative for Media Manager

Any suggestions on the best way to view m2t files outside of Vegas? I am experiencing the same stability issues that others have reported if I import too many clips into a project. Even though I take good notes on the content of my clips during capture, its still a timekiller to import a clip, preview, then decide its not the one you want, delete, etc. I tried using Google Picasa, it seems to play the file just fine but there is no way to fast forward or move to another part of the clip. Vegas Media Manager has been very buggy for me as well. Is there another program anyone is using?
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:07 PM   #2
New Boot

Art, I just use Windows Media Player. Just right click, open with, choose program and then choose Windows Media Player. You can make it your default player if you want. If you want to view it in Vegas you can go to the explorer window, click on the file and hit the play button on the toolbar above. You don't have to import or delete. A couple of options in case you haven't tried those.

Mark
Mark Birkedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Mark - thanks for the tip! I've been using Vegas for 3 years and never knew you could play from the explorer tab. I guess I should read the manual once in awhile.
Thanks again!

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Adobe bridge is nice if you have it.
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #5
Major Player

I've been using Directory Opus for the bast 12 (or is it 15?) years. Inexpensive and brilliant in many, many ways.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Take a look at the media properties for your M2T files to see if they're being read by the transport-stream decoder (did you capture them in Vegas?). I say this because I've had well over a thousand M2T files on the timeline without issue before.
Matthew Chaboud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Major Player

Matthew,
what would you expect to find when looking at the Event properties?

I have 24p m2t files shot with a V1U, captured in Vegas, that it read as 60i. If I change the Event Properties to 24p, I get stuttering playback.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...