DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Brightness/Contrast in DVDA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/123583-brightness-contrast-dvda.html)

Plamen Petrov June 12th, 2008 02:51 AM

Brightness/Contrast in DVDA

Hi again to everybody,
I remember that in the Preview in DVD Architect there are options for adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. of the menu and video files before they are prepared for DVDA. But whatever I try to do now, I just can't find them. Does anybody know where to find those options?
Actually, I want to do some brightness/contrast corrections because I get obvious decreesing of the contrast in the newly created vob files in comparisson to the Vegas rendered mpeg-2 files. Why is it like that?!?

Mike Kujbida June 12th, 2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plamen Petrov (Post 891843)
Hi again to everybody,
I remember that in the Preview in DVD Architect there are options for adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. of the menu and video files before they are prepared for DVDA. But whatever I try to do now, I just can't find them. Does anybody know where to find those options?

Right-click on the menu page and you'll find an option called "Crop and Adjust".
Brightness and Contrast are part of this option.
I've never seen this option for video files and I've used DVD Architect since version 1.0.

Quote:

Actually, I want to do some brightness/contrast corrections because I get obvious decreesing of the contrast in the newly created vob files in comparisson to the Vegas rendered mpeg-2 files. Why is it like that?!?
I've personally never noticed that.
What I render out of Vegas is what I see on my final DVD when viewed on a TV.
If you're relying on the Preview screen in DVDA to tell you what the brightness/contrast will look like, I suspect that's where you're going wrong as, in my opinion, this is a preview for content operation (menu flow, buttons, etc.) and nothing else.

Plamen Petrov June 12th, 2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 891844)
Right-click on the menu page and you'll find an option called "Crop and Adjust".
Brightness and Contrast are part of this option.
I've never seen this option for video files and I've used DVD Architect since version 1.0.

Maybe I am losing my sight but I really can't find this option Pan And Crop, even inactive. Even in the Help I can't find such an option. Are you sure that it appears in version 4.5c ?!?
Can you give me a snapshot?

Paul Kellett June 12th, 2008 05:27 AM

Version 4.5 c ?
We're only on 4.5 b !

Paul.

Paul Kellett June 12th, 2008 05:32 AM

I just checked.
Indeed, right click on the actual menu page, the big blue one in the middle,a box then appears, (on the left in my screen), select "crop and adjust" and then another window opens, brightness and contrast (and other stuff) in in there.

I've never had to adjust these settings though.

Paul

Plamen Petrov June 12th, 2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kellett (Post 891881)
I just checked.
Indeed, right click on the actual menu page, the big blue one in the middle,a box then appears, (on the left in my screen), select "crop and adjust" and then another window opens, brightness and contrast (and other stuff) in in there.

I've never had to adjust these settings though.

Paul

Oh, I am really shocked now: there is NOT any "crop and adjust" in this version, I think. All that I get after right clicking is "insert..., insert..., insert..., set background media,..., etc , but no anything like what you mention. Hmm, this day is a day of the wierd cases maybe...

Paul Kellett June 12th, 2008 05:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First right click in the middle of the screen, on the big blue part, then from the pop-up window select crop and adjust.

Paul Kellett June 12th, 2008 05:53 AM

What's happened to the way which pictures are uploaded ?
I much prefer the old way, i could drag them onto the 2nd monitor and enlarge them.

Paul.

Plamen Petrov June 12th, 2008 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I see, Paul: in my version 4.5c of DVDA there is NOT such an option really!!! :(
Is there any possible way for it by a key combination from the keyboard?

Edward Troxel June 12th, 2008 06:34 AM

Plamen, are you using a "Movie Studio" version? The Movie Studio versions don't have as many features as the full/pro versions (but they don't cost as much either).

Yep... according to your snapshot it's a "Movie Studio" version.