JVC monitor preview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 30th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Inner Circle

JVC monitor preview

Have a JVC monitor which I wish to preview Vegas with. I am running 6 pin firewire out of PC to 6 pin firewire on Canopus ADVC 110, then S video out of Canopus to S video in on JVC. I set the preview device to Firewire and then clicked preview on external device...but nothing....any suggestions for things to check?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #2

Using firewire out to your ADVC converter will work only if the firewire bus isn't sharing the bus with another component. IE, it requires a dedicated 1394 card.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Bill. After rearranging the cards and not getting anywhere close to the firewire card being on its own IRQ, for the heck of it I pushed the B input selector and it is working fine.

I don't know why the b selector is the one working, but I'm not asking any questions at this point.

What amazes me is while there are differences in contrast between my Dell PC monitor and the JVC, color wise they seem very close with the JVC out of the box. Blacks are blacker on the JVC, for sure, but colors are remarkably close, almost seem identical.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...