Script for snapshots of scenes? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #1
Trustee

Script for snapshots of scenes?

I am working on a test pre-shoot and want to take snapshots of each different clip for a storyboard. Is there a script that will do this or do I have to place the scrubber at the beginning of each clip and create a jpg? Thanks
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Excalibur can take a snapshot at the beginning of each event on the timeline. It would be done as two steps:

1. Use the Markers/Regions tool to add markers at each event
2. Use the Media Shapshots tool to take a snapshot at each marker

I'm sure Ultimate S will do the same thing as well. As for a free version, there's several snapshot scripts out there which could be modified to work at the beginning of each event.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Old Boot

I have both Excalibur and UliS. Perfect Partners! And now that they are "served-up" as Extensions, they are both dockable within the Vegas Pro8 workflow - something that a freebie script most likely wont be.

Try the demos for each and THEN try and not get both. You'll find a wealth of tools that Vegas needs, but these two supply.

Dockable is the way to go, plus the Vegas "UNDO"s are listed as functions that have happened - instead of just "Undo Script"!

Do yourself a favour - GET BOTH!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...