DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   WB correcting for many clips in Vegas Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/128411-wb-correcting-many-clips-vegas-pro.html)

Dave Pearce August 21st, 2008 05:05 AM

WB correcting for many clips in Vegas Pro

Hi. Sorry if this is a regular question (and please link me to the answer if its known) but ill ask anyway.
I have about 10 short clips that have need recorded on my HF10 but a few of them have a WB pre-set on them while the others have AWB.
Can i get them all to look the same in vegas?
Im not quite up to speed on the colour correctors (or most of the FX) in Vegas but i can adjust one at a time, i just cant seem to get them all to match.

thanks for any help.

Dave.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2008 07:20 AM

Dave, take a look at Vol 6 #2 of my newsletters.

Dave Pearce August 21st, 2008 07:38 AM

Thanks Ed.
I've not visited your forums for a few years (Vegas 5 was out then i think) but ill certainly have a read. Lots to learn.
I had a look at that issue but im not sure it answers my question.
maybe im asking too much anyway but i would like to apply the same WB across all my clips.
Im used to doing this with my RAW files form my Canon 40D.
Maybe this isnt even possible. I realise each clip has a different starting WB so its not as simple as making the same adjustments to each one.

Dave.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2008 08:04 AM

Use that issue to get the white balance correct on ONE of the clips. Once you have that one correct, copy it, select the others, and right-click and choose "Paste Event Attributes" to copy the same white balance changes to the others.

You might also want to look at the issue previous to that one which discusses how to use the "split screen view" so you can more easily see multiple clips and get them to match more closely.

Dave Pearce August 21st, 2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 922959)
Use that issue to get the white balance correct on ONE of the clips. Once you have that one correct, copy it, select the others, and right-click and choose "Paste Event Attributes" to copy the same white balance changes to the others.

You might also want to look at the issue previous to that one which discusses how to use the "split screen view" so you can more easily see multiple clips and get them to match more closely.

Fantastic, thanks Ed. ill try that tonight.

Dave Pearce August 21st, 2008 02:22 PM

Ed.
It works like a charm. I still have to get the hang of getting the WB correction right but its looking a lot better.
Thanks for your help.

Dave.

Jason Robinson August 22nd, 2008 12:14 PM

Split Screen with copy to clipboard

Fantastic tip Ed. I had been trying to figure out how to easily compare two clips for WB work with out resorting to a PiP trick. Thanks!