WB correcting for many clips in Vegas Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 21st, 2008, 05:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

WB correcting for many clips in Vegas Pro

Hi. Sorry if this is a regular question (and please link me to the answer if its known) but ill ask anyway.
I have about 10 short clips that have need recorded on my HF10 but a few of them have a WB pre-set on them while the others have AWB.
Can i get them all to look the same in vegas?
Im not quite up to speed on the colour correctors (or most of the FX) in Vegas but i can adjust one at a time, i just cant seem to get them all to match.

thanks for any help.

Dave.
Dave Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Dave, take a look at Vol 6 #2 of my newsletters.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Ed.
I've not visited your forums for a few years (Vegas 5 was out then i think) but ill certainly have a read. Lots to learn.
I had a look at that issue but im not sure it answers my question.
maybe im asking too much anyway but i would like to apply the same WB across all my clips.
Im used to doing this with my RAW files form my Canon 40D.
Maybe this isnt even possible. I realise each clip has a different starting WB so its not as simple as making the same adjustments to each one.

Dave.
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Use that issue to get the white balance correct on ONE of the clips. Once you have that one correct, copy it, select the others, and right-click and choose "Paste Event Attributes" to copy the same white balance changes to the others.

You might also want to look at the issue previous to that one which discusses how to use the "split screen view" so you can more easily see multiple clips and get them to match more closely.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Use that issue to get the white balance correct on ONE of the clips. Once you have that one correct, copy it, select the others, and right-click and choose "Paste Event Attributes" to copy the same white balance changes to the others.

You might also want to look at the issue previous to that one which discusses how to use the "split screen view" so you can more easily see multiple clips and get them to match more closely.
Fantastic, thanks Ed. ill try that tonight.
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Ed.
It works like a charm. I still have to get the hang of getting the WB correction right but its looking a lot better.
Thanks for your help.

Dave.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Trustee

Split Screen with copy to clipboard

Fantastic tip Ed. I had been trying to figure out how to easily compare two clips for WB work with out resorting to a PiP trick. Thanks!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...