autoplay file before accessing menu in DVDA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #1
New Boot

autoplay file before accessing menu in DVDA

Hi there,

I have a customer that would like to have a short video file play as soon as their DVD loads, and before the selection menu is on the screen. I haven't had any luck in finding a way to do this in DVDA...

Has anyone done this before, and could you provide basic instruction?

Thank you,
Dawn
Dawn Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

drop the video into the project overview then mark that as "first play" (there's an icon for that) it'll play then go to where ever you point it to go in this case the menu.

HTHs
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Don, a belated THANK YOU! That worked perfectly.
Dawn Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Major Player

I am trying the play 30sec copyright before the menu starts on DVDA 5, can not find a way to do it right !!
I have the copyright file as an AVI, I have no luck getting it to work no matter where I dropped it.
Any help will be appreciated !!!
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Michael,
As I stated in the previous post place your first play on the project overview not on the timeline or menu page. If you put it in the project overview and mark it "first play" then you can point it to your menu
Old December 17th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Just to expand on Don's suggestion - make sure the highest level of your project is selected, click the yellow plus sign (Insert Object) and select Introduction Media.

On my current project I have three pieces that need to play when the disk is inserted: a copyright notice, a liability disclaimer (they're keep fit DVDs) and an introduction video. If you have multiple intro segments right click on the one you want to play first and select Start Item. You will obviously need to set the End Action command to Link and the Destination to the next thing you want to show, eg the main menu.

I have made the copyright and waiver notices mandatory by disabling all the remote buttons but the viewer has the option to skip the introduction.

Hope that helps.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Thank you guys for your help, I thought if you do a preview you'll be able to see that before the menu comes up, that's why I thought I was doing something wrong because I can't see it when I do preview, I'll try it on a small project tomorrow and hopefully that will work,
Thanks again !!!!!!
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Sponsor: JET DV

There's two preview options. One is a preview "disc", and the other simply previews from where you are. If you want to see how it will play when inserted, do a "preview disc".
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Major Player

Thanks Edward, I've been working with DVDA for years and never notice preview disc option before, I learn something every day, that works thank you very much !!!!!!
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...