Vegas crashing when closing my project? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas crashing when closing my project?

I'm hoping to find out if this is a hardware or software issue ...

Yesterday I finished work on a compilation of 75 individual DV interview clips that I printed to tape using my Sony HVR-V1U. Each clip had been edited as a separate Vegas project; I simply imported the .veg files into my compilation, added text "slates" between them, and everything worked just fine. The total length of the project was 1 hour, 3 minutes. I discovered that my camera only records from Vegas in DVCAM mode, which eats a 63 minute tape in 42 minutes, so I had to split the project into 2 halves but other than that, no issues!

After printing the tapes, I closed the application and got a message "do you want to save changes to your project?" ... odd, because I'd saved everything before making the tape. I clicked "yes" and the program crashed. I also experienced a "hang" when restarting Vegas.

So I'm wondering, is this a memory or processing issue? Or did something get a little goofy in the project file? If anyone has some insight, please share - thanks!

Sam
Sam Renkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

By printing to tape, you *DID* change the project. I created "pre-render" files for all sections that needed rendering. Basically it was asking if you wanted to save those pre-renders. Don't know why it would crash after that but that's why it asked you to save.

Remember you also have the .veg.bak file you can try. Also, you can use my free Auto Save custom commmand (vegas pro 8 only)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Renkin View Post
I'm hoping to find out if this is a hardware or software issue ...

After printing the tapes, I closed the application and got a message "do you want to save changes to your project?" ... odd, because I'd saved everything before making the tape. I clicked "yes" and the program crashed. I also experienced a "hang" when restarting Vegas.
Any chance you're running anti-virus?
Look at the Vegas project title when you're exiting; if you see an asterisk next to the name, you'll want to save.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...