Sony Vegas Shortcuts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas Shortcuts

Hi,

I've compiled a list of shortcuts which mightbe of interest. It can be accessed on Edward Troxel's jetdv site at:-

http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/VegasShortcuts.pdf

The list shows the main shortcuts that can be used in Vegas using the keyboard, the mouse and the number keypad. None of them are new but I've listed them under the relevant editing processes as I think this makes for easier reference even if it means that some entries have had to be repeated.

I have this as a Word Document of two pages which means that it can be printed back to back on A4 paper and kept handy for reference when working (I've laminated mine to preserve it from wear and tear).

Merry Christmas to you all,

Richard Jones
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Having been a Vegas user for a good few years now, I must confess that I am not an active user of shortcuts, for no reason other than I never got round to learning them. I think that will be one of my new years resolutions - to learn (and use) a new shortcut each day for a few months. May have more success than with the 'must lose weight' one . . .

The chart is very useful, Richard - although it is for version 6 of Vegas. Are there any significant changes in v8, I wonder?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

The vast majority remain the same from version to version. Of course, newer version will add newer ones as well. Plus, some are preference specific - for example the Space Bar where mine is set to play/pause but the default is play/stop.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Major Player

nice, thanks!!
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...