DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   videos play like in frames and freezes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/143738-videos-play-like-frames-freezes.html)

Javier Rios February 13th, 2009 03:31 PM

videos play like in frames and freezes

Hello everybody I have had some problems with some DVD's I have burned, they play slow or like in frames and some times they just freeze I don't know what is the problem I use Sony DVD's and a Lite-On DVD burner it's like 4 yrs old, also note this problem is since the drive was new.

Does this problem happen to everybody? or is there something wrong with the DVD's or burner
it doesn't matter if I burn directly from Architect or if I use any other program to burn videos like Nero.

Will you recommend other brand of DVD's or burner or may be something with the encoding in Vegas.
Also I made some videos with a dell studio laptop and had the same results with some of them, the laptop is new about 1 month and has core 2 duo and burned directly from Architect thanks for your help.

Mike Kujbida February 13th, 2009 04:35 PM

Stick to either Verbatim or (even better) Taiyo Yuden blanks.
Make sure your bitrate doesn't exceed 8,000,000 as going higher than this has been known to be a problem.

Javier Rios February 13th, 2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1011655)
Stick to either Verbatim or (even better) Taiyo Yuden blanks.
Make sure your bitrate doesn't exceed 8,000,000 as going higher than this has been known to be a problem.

Thanks Mike I have used Verbatim with the same results I think I'll give a try to the Taiyo Yuden

also this has happened with some backups I have made of my movies using Nero

Mike Kujbida February 13th, 2009 05:52 PM

Javier, I used Verbatims for a number of years before switching to TYs and never had any problems with them.
You can try are to burn at a slower speed and, as I said, check your project bitrate.

Javier Rios February 13th, 2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1011700)
Javier, I used Verbatims for a number of years before switching to TYs and never had any problems with them.
You can try are to burn at a slower speed and, as I said, check your project bitrate.

the speed I burn is usually 4x to 8x

Thanks Mike I'll keep the eye on the bitrate if it doesn't work

I think I'll have to upgrade my dvd burner.

Mike Kujbida February 13th, 2009 08:16 PM

Javier, before you spend any money, have you ever updated the firmware on your burner?

Javier Rios February 13th, 2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1011761)
Javier, before you spend any money, have you ever updated the firmware on your burner?

I did years ago and I don't know if it is up to date at this time because I forgot the model number all i know is this a lite-on burner this drive may be like 4 or 5 years old
I think I'll have to open it (the PC)to see if the model number can be found somewhere in the drive.

Edward Troxel February 14th, 2009 08:53 AM

Taking it a step farther, have you tried in a different DVD player? Not all players play burned DVDs well.

Javier Rios February 14th, 2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1011942)
Taking it a step farther, have you tried in a different DVD player? Not all players play burned DVDs well.

yep, I have tried them on different players (about 5) and the problem is noticeable more often in some of them,

also some that doesn't play correctly in some players, play with out problems in others.