videos play like in frames and freezes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #1
New Boot

videos play like in frames and freezes

Hello everybody I have had some problems with some DVD's I have burned, they play slow or like in frames and some times they just freeze I don't know what is the problem I use Sony DVD's and a Lite-On DVD burner it's like 4 yrs old, also note this problem is since the drive was new.

Does this problem happen to everybody? or is there something wrong with the DVD's or burner
it doesn't matter if I burn directly from Architect or if I use any other program to burn videos like Nero.

Will you recommend other brand of DVD's or burner or may be something with the encoding in Vegas.
Also I made some videos with a dell studio laptop and had the same results with some of them, the laptop is new about 1 month and has core 2 duo and burned directly from Architect thanks for your help.
Javier Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Stick to either Verbatim or (even better) Taiyo Yuden blanks.
Make sure your bitrate doesn't exceed 8,000,000 as going higher than this has been known to be a problem.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida View Post
Stick to either Verbatim or (even better) Taiyo Yuden blanks.
Make sure your bitrate doesn't exceed 8,000,000 as going higher than this has been known to be a problem.

Thanks Mike I have used Verbatim with the same results I think I'll give a try to the Taiyo Yuden

also this has happened with some backups I have made of my movies using Nero
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Javier, I used Verbatims for a number of years before switching to TYs and never had any problems with them.
You can try are to burn at a slower speed and, as I said, check your project bitrate.
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Javier, I used Verbatims for a number of years before switching to TYs and never had any problems with them.
You can try are to burn at a slower speed and, as I said, check your project bitrate.

the speed I burn is usually 4x to 8x

Thanks Mike I'll keep the eye on the bitrate if it doesn't work

I think I'll have to upgrade my dvd burner.
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Javier, before you spend any money, have you ever updated the firmware on your burner?
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Javier, before you spend any money, have you ever updated the firmware on your burner?
I did years ago and I don't know if it is up to date at this time because I forgot the model number all i know is this a lite-on burner this drive may be like 4 or 5 years old
I think I'll have to open it (the PC)to see if the model number can be found somewhere in the drive.
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Sponsor: JET DV

Taking it a step farther, have you tried in a different DVD player? Not all players play burned DVDs well.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Taking it a step farther, have you tried in a different DVD player? Not all players play burned DVDs well.
yep, I have tried them on different players (about 5) and the problem is noticeable more often in some of them,

also some that doesn't play correctly in some players, play with out problems in others.
Javier Rios is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...