Menu with sub-menu, how ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 15th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #1
Trustee

Menu with sub-menu, how ?

I've used the search facility and can't find the answer to this probably simple question.

I've got a video to make with about 16 chapters and i don't want them plastered all over the first page.

Ok, i've made an mpeg-2 in vegas pro 8, added the chapter markers and opened the file in dvd-a.
I know how to make a scene selection menu on the first page of the menu but what i want to do is, on the first page have just 2 buttons, "play" (the whole movie) and "scene selection", so when the viewer hits "scene selection" they get taken to a sub-menu or second page (whichever's easier), from there they can the select the chapter they want from one of the chapter thumbnails.

Another question, going back to the first page with just the 2 buttons (play and scene selection), how do i have the buttons fade in after a set time, say 15 seconds ? i want the menu background video to play for a while before the 2 buttons appear.

Thanks.
Paul.
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Paul, take a look at my first response in the DVDA Menu Based thread.
Check out Ron's response (last reply) as well as he takes a slightly different approach.

I don't do menu fades but the DVDA 4.0 5.0 help menus describes this feature.
Look under "Animating Buttons with Keyframes".
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Mike & Ron, that worked exactly how i wanted.

Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...