Vegas 8 DVD Architect 4 or 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 8 DVD Architect 4 or 5

I see that upgrades to Vegas 8 with DVDA are now down to $99 on B&H but with DVDA 4 while Video Guys has $149 with DVDA 5 (and some other extra stuff)....does anyone know if there's much difference between 4 & 5. Will both create BD discs?
Mike McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

From the DVDA 5.0 readme:

New features in version 5.0

* Burning to Blu-ray Disc
* Full-screen previewing to secondary Windows display
* Support for opening MPEG-2 and AVCHD video files
* Support for using AC3 and PCM audio with HD video
* Support for creating .iso files and burning to DVD or Blu-ray Disc

Notable fixes/changes in version 5.0a

* Added support for markers rendered in AVC by Vegas Pro 8.0c.
* Improved stability when working with projects containing a large number of files.
* Fixed a bug that caused In/Out points to be ignored within Blu-ray Disc projects.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Initial audio track, Initial subtitle track, and Initial video angle settings from working properly within Blu-ray Disc projects.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

You might also want to look here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/what-happ...-software.html
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That seems good, but it's saying my serial number for Vegas 6 is not valid ?? So I can't buy it from them, really not wanting to have to be on hold forever trying to resolve. Looks like the same price from Video Guys even with the 35% discount (and they include extra content), but what I can't find anywhere is if DVD Architect 4 can be upgraded to 5. Apparently there is a DVDA 4.5 that can be...so can you free upgrade 4 to 4.5 ?
Not really the smoothest most informative upgrade path here Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #5

DVD Architect 4 came with Vegas Pro 7.

DVD Architect 4.5 came with Vegas Pro 8.

DVD Architect 4.5 was NOT a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.

DVD Architect 5 *IS* a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.5

So make sure the Vegas Pro 8 version you get does include DVD Architect and you should be able to go to DVD Architect 5.
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks, I simply could not find that info anywhere. Now if I can just confirm that my serial number from V6 is actually going to work.

Quote:
DVD Architect 4 came with Vegas Pro 7.

DVD Architect 4.5 came with Vegas Pro 8.

DVD Architect 4.5 was NOT a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.

DVD Architect 5 *IS* a free upgrade from DVD Architect 4.5

So make sure the Vegas Pro 8 version you get does include DVD Architect and you should be able to go to DVD Architect 5.
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #7

If you need to look up your serial number, All you need to do is go to Sony's site to look up your account. It will show your serial numbers for all registered products.

If you're looking at the "Help - About" screen to find the serial number, newer versions do show the serial numbers but the number shown on older versions was NOT the serial number. So perhaps what you're using isn't really the serial number?
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Yes, I was looking in "help - about". I found the manual this morning that has the printed SN inside and phoned Sony, they said it was all good. Haven't tried it yet, because I want to buy from B&H as it's only $99 ($152 from Sony), was just a bit confused about DVDA 4 vs 4.5. B&H site says inlcludes DVD Architect 4....I phoned to confirm if it's 4.5 to get the free update to 5 but nobody knew and said if says 4 then it's 4. But if you are correct and Vegas Pro 8 only shipped with 4.5 then it should be 4.5 if 4 only shipped with Vegas 7. I just want to make sure I get DVDA 4.5. Would you be 100% that this B&H product would be in fact 4.5, if you look under 'specs' is says 4?
Thanks for all your help.

Sony | Upgrade to Vegas Pro 8 Video Editing Software | SVDVD8006

Quote:
If you need to look up your serial number, All you need to do is go to Sony's site to look up your account. It will show your serial numbers for all registered products.

If you're looking at the "Help - About" screen to find the serial number, newer versions do show the serial numbers but the number shown on older versions was NOT the serial number. So perhaps what you're using isn't really the serial number?
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #9

Vegas Pro 8 shipped with DVD Architect 4.5.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...