DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can't read the rendered m2t files with VLC... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/146523-cant-read-rendered-m2t-files-vlc.html)

Marcus Martell March 24th, 2009 03:42 PM

Can't read the rendered m2t files with VLC...

How come i can't render the HDV 108050i rendered files with VLC?
I can read em with WMP but it show the videos cropped in 4/3. :(

Gints Klimanis March 30th, 2009 01:09 PM

Which version of VLC are you using? Also, post a sample file. I have no trouble reading rendering 1080i60 m2t files with VLC for the last two years.

Rick Diaz March 30th, 2009 01:49 PM

Have you set the preferences in VLC properly?

Steve Renouf March 31st, 2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1032833)
How come i can't render the HDV 108050i rendered files with VLC?
I can read em with WMP but it show the videos cropped in 4/3. :(

You don't say what format they're rendered in - apparently, cineform codec doesn't play with VLC

Cineform

Gints Klimanis March 31st, 2009 12:45 PM

Please post a small portion of your rendered .m2t file so we can try it out.

Marcus Martell April 1st, 2009 03:33 PM

Yep Cineform;that's why!
So wich custom render should i set to read my hdv 108050i?

Marcus Martell April 4th, 2009 11:36 AM

I want to know which format should i set to have the maximum quality HDV render( so every xp pc could read it).
Thx

have a nice week end

Seth Bloombaum April 4th, 2009 04:33 PM

If you're not concerned with Macintosh or Linux viewers, Windows Media Video is very, very good in several ways.

Great codec performance for the bitrate, good rescaling in the player, multibitrate files, good on and off the internet, good automatic codec updates, good penetration with PCs - I'm sure there are some others. Try WMV 9 at perhaps 6Mbps for 1080i.

If you have some control over the PCs that you want to distribute to, Cineform Neo Player is also very good for Cineform codec AVIs, but internet distribution is tough. Do I remember about 28Mbps at medium and 40Mbps at high quality? But great for harddrive playback.

For something that is truely cross-platform/cross-browser, Flash is an excellent choice that Vegas does not handle natively. There are 3 codecs in use - Spark, which is free and greedy for bitrate; VP6 is pretty good, costs several hundred $ USD, but comes with Flash CS3 and Flash CS4; and h.264, great codec, which Vegas can do, but not all viewers can yet handle.

Marcus Martell April 5th, 2009 05:44 AM

Ok Seth,thanks a lot!
Listen but what should you choose on the template tools to have the best quality HD rendered video?
I wanted also to know what does"uncompessed default" stands for on the Template tools.
Thx

Marcus Martell April 5th, 2009 08:50 AM

I forgot to tell u that WMP plays the hdv video in 4:3 aspect ratio.Suggestions?

Seth Bloombaum April 5th, 2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1053807)
...what does"uncompessed default" stands for on the Template tools.

There is no "best" format. Even uncompressed is not best in all circumstances. It may have no compression artifacts, but now you have a huge file that is difficult to move between PCs, that won't play back off a CD, that may drop frames off harddrive playback, etc. What we are looking for is "good" for our current distribution.

Uncompressed is used primarily as a digital intermediate format when moving video between vegas and another application, either because we need all that quality and/or we need to preserve an alpha (transparency) channel.

Uncompressed is not a distribution format - even movie theaters that are doing digital projection on large screens are not receiving uncompressed files, they use a JPEG2000-based compression...

Quote:

...what should you choose on the template tools to have the best quality HD rendered video?
For Windows Media 9, try the 8Mbps HD 1080-30p template or the 6 Mbps HD 720-30p template, depending.

Quote:

I forgot to tell u that WMP plays the hdv video in 4:3 aspect ratio.Suggestions?
That will be related to pixel aspect ratio. That should be 1.3333 for HDV 1080, or 1.0 for HDV 720p. See it in File | Render As | Windows Media Video 9 | Custom | Video | Pixel Aspect Ratio. If you start with one of the above templates it should be correctly set.

Marcus Martell April 5th, 2009 02:37 PM

Excuse me ,talking about Pal settings?
"For Windows Media 9, try the 8Mbps HD 1080-30p template or the 6 Mbps HD 720-30p template, depending. "
ican't find the solution hd1080-25

Mike Kujbida April 5th, 2009 02:47 PM

Marcus, after selecting WMV as the file type, click in the Template box and you'll see 5 Mbps HD 720-25p Video and 6.7 Mbps HD 1080-25p Video options.
Select either of these, click Custom, click in the Template box at the top of the Project tab and you'll see even more options.

Marcus Martell April 5th, 2009 03:54 PM

Thank you,really appreciate your suggestions guys!

Marcus Martell April 6th, 2009 12:01 AM

Guys just finished to render with the setting WMP9......It is a file of500 kb,how is it possible?
a 11 minutes video rendered in 2 hours and 23 minutes!I think something is wrong.
The same video rendered in cineform:20 minutes.

My pc: 4gb Ram,Nvidia quadro fx 3700,extreme x9000.