Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 124 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2004, 07:04 PM   #1846
Trustee

What is "Instant Vegas 5"
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:43 PM   #1847
Trustee

I'm not up on the play as to what's really out there for Vegas, but I know Boris Grafitti can be used with it. What version of Vegas it works with I don't know but when I got Vegas 5 the other day it came with a limited version of Boris Graffiti. Haven't played with it yet though.

Aaron
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:29 PM   #1848
Regular Crew

Keying in Vegas - help!

I have just finished shooting a couple of hours of green screen footage for a documentary I am nearing completion on. The footage looks good, the green is even, however, as is common with DV, I am having to deal with some green spill on my subjects, as well as a rather stong black edge on certain areas around the subject as well where the subject is not lit as strongly.

I have looked at After Effects Pro which contains the spill suppressor, as well as other keying functions, but I would prefer to stick to Vegas if possible.

What operations/plug-ins could a person use to improve on this issue, if any. I recognize that DV is not the best format for keying, and I'm not looking for perfection, however I would like to improve this if at all possible.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #1849
Sponsor: JET DV

You can use the secondary color corrector to help smooth out the edges. There's also a "deartifactor" tool currently in development by Zenote that will help in this regard. However, it's not yet available. You may also want to apply a very very slight blur.
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #1850
Regular Crew

Edward,

I have attempted to use the color corrector and the blur already with minimal results. I am really unsure how I managed to result in such a strong black edge around the subject.

I'll keep an eye out for the Zenote plug-in. Will it function similar to After Effects as far as a spill elimination and edge preserving?

As always, I appreciate the help here on the forum!
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #1851

I don't have any details other than I've heard it will work well in this situation. I have not personally seen the tool.
Old June 4th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #1852
Regular Crew

I find using Ultra by Serious Magic can handle some of the most demanding keying situations. Many different adjustments are available that help deal with spill. It's a GREAT keying tool.

http://www.seriousmagic.com
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #1853

Only full color is in the images in the color plates. The rest of the book is b/w.
INSTANT VEGAS is a shortcut tips/tricks book on basics, compositing, mixing in Vegas. More project oriented than in-depth oriented.
http://www.vasst.com
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #1854
Major Player

Try a bold version of a san serif font. Arial is good. Add a drop shadow and maybe an outline depending on the background color.

Maybe get some new fonts. http://dafont.com/en/

Dennis Vogel
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #1855
Regular Crew

I need help separating 2 audio tracks

My sister asked me to create a DVD of a variety show type of performance that she hired a professional videographer to tape for her. Anyway, when the videographer gave me the tapes she mentioned that the audio was being recorded directly into her Sony PD150 from the soundboard but was being "clipped". So she said she also recorded it with another mic (camera mounted)on the same tape.

I captured the video. When I drag a scene into Vegas (I'm using 4) there is one video track and one audio track. However, the audio track is split in two horizontally down the middle displaying 2 seperate audio waveforms. I just do this as a hobby and have never encoutered this before. Is there a way to seperate the two audio waveforms so that I can choose the one that sounds best? Can you do that in Vegas?
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #1856

Copy the audio to another track. Then right-click each one, choose "Channels" and then pick "right" on one and "left" on the other.
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #1857
Inner Circle

But rememebr to do a single left-click on each of the property panels on the left hand side of the track to seperate them. If you don't , Edward's tip won't work to the fullest capacity is the tracks will emulate each other :)
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #1858

Last Chance for NYC Sony event!

Gang,
if you aren't registered for the FREE SONY SOFTWARE SHOWCASE EVENT in NYC for tomorrow, (june 8) GET REGISTERED NOW!
Due to security reasons, the 550 Madison avenue building will NOT allow anyone into the showcase unless they are pre-registered.
We will be turning off registration at 11:00 p.m. EST
http://www.vasst.com/registration/?sony to get registered.
http://www.vasst.com
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #1859
Wrangler

Magic Bullet out for Vegas

Anyone using it- any feedback?

http://store.yahoo.com/redgiantsoftw...gasbullet.html
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #1860
Major Player

Item to add/consider for Neon

Edward,
Just a thought...but have you thought of adding "match output aspect" script to your PBS wizard for Neon. I realize there are stand alone scripts for this...at least for Vegas 4...but I haven't seen the scripts updated for 5. I just finished a bunch of work with photos and forgot to originally open the project in Vegas 4 to take advantage of the aspect script. This is not a biggie...but would be a nice addition to the wizards...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...