DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Ty Chu December 22nd, 2005 10:58 AM

Thanks Gary

Thanks Gary, will have to configure my box then.

Good Day !!!

Ty

Adam Woodworth December 22nd, 2005 11:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated the plugin a lot since the last post was made here. It now has a *MUCH* faster and better edge detection algorithm, and supports color edge output. Also, the plugin is now packaged in a very easy to use installer, just like any other Windows software.

www.mirkwood.com/vegas

Let me know if you end up using the plugin on any projects! You can contact me via: www.mirkwood.com/mail.shtml

Thanks,
Adam Woodworth

Colin Rayner December 22nd, 2005 01:21 PM

Thanks Ed,
I want to get it sorted out, so I am going to give it a go. That's what I thought maybe easier to work backwards.
Cheers for that.

Colin Rayner December 22nd, 2005 01:59 PM

OK Ed,
I got the last two lines off ok, but I am getting all the text moving down at the keyframe for the third line off working backwards. I have double checked and have in the placement window all at top left plus all in editing window margined to the left. I am copying and pasteing then removing the last line only.
I just can't understand why the text is moving, the y number of the text placement is different at the third line key frame, tried changing it to the same as all the rest, and it moves me to free-form and there is still movement (back upwards).
Have I missed something?

Paul Kepen December 22nd, 2005 03:30 PM

Peter Jefferson, Could you please explain?

Hi Peter, just wondering what your saying. I think your saying Vegas encoding is superior to Adobe? Or is it the other way. I would think Adobe Premiere with its big reputation would have to have good rendering/encoding, but maybe not?

" there's no quality difference if yu use premiere rather than vegas"

actually there is, vegas aliasing (or lack of) is far cleaner, not to mention the codecs within vegas pretty much poo on anything (apart from the main concept codec, which is pretty ugly... )

Edward Troxel December 22nd, 2005 04:31 PM

Can you send me your VEG file and let me look at it? Or send me your e-mail address and I'll send you an example (which I'll have to make).

Takis Takop December 23rd, 2005 12:28 AM

Hi Paul, i am new at video editing and i thought that after effects could only work with premiere but from the posts i can see that there is no difference, i can use it with vegas too

Zdravko Jancevski December 23rd, 2005 01:06 AM

Top Field or Bottom Field

How can I find out what field is my AVI captured file, Top Field A or Bottom Field B.Regards.

Glenn Chan December 23rd, 2005 02:59 AM

This is usually determined by the format you used to record.

DV is lower field first.

If you're not sure you can playback on a CRT TV and see if the interlacing looks right.

Matt Brabender December 23rd, 2005 07:09 AM

yep, After Effects is a stand alone program that runs independantly of premiere.
As long as whatever file format you're using is supported, then you're good to go.

DJ Kinney December 23rd, 2005 01:06 PM

Batch render individual clips

Hi all!

I have 137 individual clips. I need to apply the same few effects to them (deinterlace, color curves, etc) and render them, but I would like to render them out to individual clips. So I would end up with 137 corrected clips.

Easy way to do this in Vegas 6?

Thanks,

DJ

Glenn Chan December 23rd, 2005 02:12 PM

1- Add the video FX to the track or video preview level.

2- Save the effect as presets. Hit F11 to toggle the big bottom thing on. Click on the video FX tab.

You can highlight all the clips in the timeline, and add filters to all of them at once. Hold the CRTL modifier if you dont want that window to pop up.

3- You can right click a clip and copy, and then paste attributes to other clips. However, it'll paste other stuff like pan/crop... so this can be dangerous.

4- Batch render: There might be a script for that. I'd probably look on the VASST website.

(EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I probably didn't answer your question.)

Edward Troxel December 23rd, 2005 02:15 PM

Scripting! You can easily do this with scripts. For example, just add all the events on the timeline, apply the effects as needed, and then use a script to render as you desire.

Using Excalibur, I would have Excalibur put regions around each clip on the timeline named for the clip and then use the DVD Asset Collector tool to render each region based on the region name. Two steps and you're done.

You might also look at the Veggie Toolkit which is probably the best batch rendering program out there today.

DJ Kinney December 23rd, 2005 02:18 PM

Thanks Guys. I have never been good at scripting. I never really figured out how to do it. I guess I'll have to figure it out here in a minute or two. Any easy script you can think of? I'll take a look at those sites, Ed.

Thanks so much.

DJ

EDIT: Whoah! I just realized that there is already a "Batch Render" script in the scripts menu. I don't know if this is what I'm looking for or not. I will have to get back to you on this.

Edward Troxel December 23rd, 2005 02:23 PM

There's also a batch render script included with Vegas. It also will render regions but you'd have to manually create those regions. Just go to Tools - Scripting - Batch Render to see it.