Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 70 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #1036
Trustee

Madison Media is incredibly good at issuing updates. I have not even had a chance to evaluate version 7 yet and they are on their second revision!
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #1037
Sponsor: JET DV

Chris, you have a bad download. Download it again.
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #1038
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Chris, you have a bad download. Download it again.
Thanks, Ed. Will try again...
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #1039
Tourist

Clip filename displayed as onscreen title?

Pretty much as the subject, just wondering if its possible to display the currents clips name (eg testavi0001.avi) as an onscreen graphic.
I want to show some test clips to people and have them pick from them, makes it easier for me if they refered to them by the filename!
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #1040

The Quick Label tool in Excalibur will do that. You can do it in DVD Architect, though. Just create a slide show there and you can turn on displaying the file name.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #1041
Regular Crew

Interlace fixing

I use PAL DV Cam 25fps interlaced, so I use PAL DV project in Vegas. The result is ok, but I really want to avoid the typical clear&smooth movement of the video taken from any DV cam. That's why I used so many options and projects, also Framerate Converter HQ so that to change the framerate, then to put it on Vegas and then to render again to 25fps interlaced. I just tried to do analogy with 29.97fps -> 23,976fps (filmlook). That's why I converted my raw footage to 30fps, then on Vegas render to 25fps. Anyway, whatever I do, the result is flickering & stuttering rendered video file. Ok, I see on TV so many movies and clips that are in progressive and they have visible flickering, but it is very little, while on my videos the flickering is too much visible. SO, what is the best so that to make the footage look like progressive but with weak flickering? I hope you understand what I mean.
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1042
Trustee

I'd leave it at 25fps and simply add a mild motion blur.
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #1043
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre Safak
I'd leave it at 25fps and simply add a mild motion blur.
How??? Please give some examples, I'd appreciate it.
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #1044
Major Player

Have you tried just deinterlacing it?
I have good results with Mike Crash's Deinterlace Filter for Vegas - I haven't found the flickering to be excessive, but that's me.

Kyle
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #1045
Major Player

Vegas 6 and 7 and Windows Vista

I currently have Vegas 6, and am trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to Vegas 7. Are both of them compatible with Windows Vista?
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #1046
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ringin
Have you tried just deinterlacing it?
I have good results with Mike Crash's Deinterlace Filter for Vegas - I haven't found the flickering to be excessive, but that's me.

Kyle
Oh, I have that filter but I dont use it bcoz whatever I do it is still the same. Also I cant undestand about deinterlacing: why do I need to deinterlace if I use interlace TV??? Would you explain more about that?
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #1047
Major Player

Thanks for the replies... The cuts and dissolves only option would have worked in hindsight, but I actually wound up just dowloading the Vegas 6 trial, which works full featured for 30 days (longer than I need it), at the editor's suggestion.

On another note, I decided I much prefer version 5.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" -Arthur O'Shaunessey (as quoted by Willy Wonka)
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #1048
Major Player

You don't have to. If your output is going to be an interlaced TV then the main reason you would deinterlace is to give the video the look and feel of progressive (and filmish sort of cadence...).

What is your footage of - is it fast pans and high action? progressive at 25fps will probably look stuttery then, whereas the original interlaced footage will be smooth.

It sounds like you want a sort of middle ground between smooth and stuttery, is that right?

You could try some of the avisynth filters, although I can't recommend any particular ones. A quick search should find numerous ones you could try.

Kyle
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #1049
Regular Crew

2000 clips sounds good to me. Still feel a patch would of been nice for vegas 6 users to solve this. I've got VMS Platinum 6 currently, might consider the ull version of 7 in the future seeing its the same price to upgrade to VMS7 from movie studio or platinum despite platinum costing more.

Thanks for the info doug
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Haupt
On another note, I decided I much prefer version 5.
Really? Why?

They're both basically the same (workflow wise) except Vegas 6 has more features.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...