Editing 30p and 29.97p on a 29.97p timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Editing 30p and 29.97p on a 29.97p timeline

I shot my first wedding. I missed the stand-up photography session (they had it at the church, rather than, as I expected and was lead to believe, the reception) but other than that, I think it went well.

Here's the situation. The final output will be a 29.97 DVD. I shot most of the primary shots with the (exactly) 30p recording mode of the Canon T1i. (Long story short, it's just like the 5Dm2, only there's a smaller sensor and only records at 720p30 - it's a "trainer" camera until I upgrade to the 7D.)

I'm cross-cutting that with the Canon HG20, which recorded in 29.97p - and served as an additional field recorder.

Here's the problem.

Rendering out, I'm getting stutters in the audio playing from VLC, and sync issues between audio (from the HG20) and video (from T1i). The waveforms on the T1i's scratch track match up perfectly in the timeline, so I figure this has to be a 30/29.97p issue.

I figure that with everyone shooting the 5Dm2, that someone's run into this problem before - and how to fix it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...