Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 115 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #1711
Sponsor: JET DV

Is there another entry in the media pool for the reversed subclip? The timecode effect has to be removed from that entry as well.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1712
Regular Crew

That did the trick. Why is it that when I clck on the reversed clip on the timeline it didn't show any media effect being used? Is this because the sub-clip on the timeline just reflects the setting of the original clip?
Thank you for your help.

BTW I also checked out your Excalibur plug-in.
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #1713

The sub-clip always refers back to the original media but will have it's own effects in the Project Media. Therefore, only removing from the original media would not also remove it from the reversed sub-clip - that must be done separately.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #1714
Inner Circle

Yeah, found it not long after I posted. Thanks.

This seems an awful lot like Sonic Fire Pro. Would be nice if their music was interchangeable. I will have to check it out.
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #1715
Inner Circle

u sure its quiktime? it could well be MP4, as ive never had an issue with actual QT
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1716
Trustee

Vegas 6 - HELP! Trying to purchase

As I'm posting I'm sitting on hold with sony trying to purchase Vegas 6. I've been on hold for 1 hour 28 minutes... I know what kind of idiot would wait that long. Well me, I guess.

All I want to know is if I buy the download... can I get the disks as well because I will be replacing this computer in the next month or couple and I don't want to have to re-buy the software obviously. I know I could just order the boxed set and not have to worry, but remember... I'm the idiot who would wait on hold for an hour and 32 minutes. Actually it's because I'm in Canada and it's brutal waiting for stuff from the US sometimes. I went to "The Sony Store" retail the other day, and the dweebs there hadn't even heard of the product. They looked it up and finally agreed with me that they do sell the product. They said they would have to 'special order' it and it would likely take ONE MONTH. They also wanted me to pre-pay!!!

If anyone has the answer, can they post.

1 hour 35 minutes...

TIA

Ken.
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #1717
Inner Circle

Ken, just download the latest version, burn it to a CD or two and file it somewhere safe.
Even if you lose it, Sony keeps a record of all your serial numbers so reactivating it is very easy.

Mike
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #1718
Inner Circle

https://www.sonymediasoftware.com/sh...ory.asp?id=109

That should take you into the Sony store to purchase Vegas or Vegas with DVDa-2 things -FIRST make sure you upgrade (free) after you install the software to the latest version. It should be 6D. Also you can burn the downloaded EXC file to a CD and make your own hard copy of the program. I do that with every DL'd program including Vegas-you never know when the ol' machine is going to decide to die on you.

It's silly to wait for hours on hold.

HTHs

Don

I guess we're all thinkin' the same way at the same time. Hmmmm, scary ;-)
Don
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #1719
Trustee

Are effects applied before the volume envelope or after?

What gets applied first; the envelope or the track FX? Obviously, the result will be different.
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #1720
Trustee

Thanks Guys!

That's why I love this forum.

I post a question, check out another thread and return to find an answer. I'm still on hold BTW, 1 hour and 54 mins. Thank god for hands free. This freaking music on hold is a short loop and driving me crazy.... I won't get it out of my head for the rest of the day

I'm hanging up now (it's hard to let go after nearly 2 hours).

1 hour and 57....
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert
That's why I love this forum.

I post a question, check out another thread and return to find an answer. I'm still on hold BTW, 1 hour and 54 mins. Thank god for hands free. This freaking music on hold is a short loop and driving me crazy.... I won't get it out of my head for the rest of the day

I'm hanging up now (it's hard to let go after nearly 2 hours).

1 hour and 57....
Are they even open today? It is Memorial Day, after all.
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #1722
Regular Crew

Thanks John, that makes sense. I was looking all over, and even the manual didn't mention that at all.

I think I need to explore all the right click stuff more. There's allot that can be done in with a right click that the manual doesn't talk about.
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #1723
Trustee

Edward,

It's not memorial day in Canada (JK)....

Well, they kept coming on every 5 minutes and telling me that their representatives were busy with other customers and they would be with me shortly...

But now that you mention it...That may explain it...

Thanks.
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #1724
Inner Circle

depends if ur refering to compression..

the effects are track based (if ur using them OUTSIDE of a bus track as in your NOT using these as a send effect) therefore as an insert effect, it would be used prior to any output levels.

as an example, if ur running an eq and compressor and noise reduction set up, then u run a volume envelope along the track, the effects will behave as they should, THEN if ur adjust the envelope as u go along (which is what i do quite often..) the compression <as an example> shouldnt fluctuate as the volume changes
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #1725
Regular Crew

Inserting image at start of project

Hey all,

I have just realised that I forgot the insert an image at the start of my project. What I am wondering, due to the fact that I have several splits and different tracks,if it is possible to lock the ENTIRE project into place, and move it across, say 7 seconds so I can put the image in without disrupting my project as it is finished.

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks alot

Scott
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...