Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 65 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 26th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #961
Regular Crew

how easy is it to do this effect?

Hello

i don’t know if this is possible or not but i have some footage with bright green rapped around my self and i want to replace the green with a picture or a video so when i am moving the video plays where the green was around my body

Please tell me if this can be done, and how, and if it can be done in vegas

Thank you for your time
Old March 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #962
Trustee

Sure. It is called chroma key.
Old March 26th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #963
Sponsor: JET DV

Add the Chroma Key effect and pick that green color (using the eyedropper) and the green will become transparent.
Old March 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #964
Regular Crew

HELP!! Any good dvd tutorials out there?

I just purchased Vegas Movie Studio + DVD - which includes DVD architech Studio and ACID XMC....

First of all, I'm new to the video arena. This program is OVERWHELMING, at least to me....and I'm hoping there is something out there I can watch that will show somebody doing a project and showing how Vegas can edit it. If you know of anything, please let me know.

Also, I bought this software thinking that I can render the footage eventually to 24p...can this be done?? It's saying I have to have the full version, and somebody else told me I could do it with this....can I also crop to the widescreen format, too with this version.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dean
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #965
Regular Crew

Also, if I cannot render in 24p in this version or do the 16:9 cropping, what single software plugin out there will work with this software so I can do it without going with their $600 full version?

On the version I have now, can I at least add a music track and a foley track?
Old March 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #966

http://www.vasst.com/product.aspx?id...5-694ef7cc7fb9 for a tutorial DVD.

No, you cannot render to 24p MPEG with this application. You can do 25p, however. That's one of the differences between the pro app and the consumer version, is 24p conversion. You CAN do 24p avi with pulldown or not, but only in avi, not mpeg
Yes, you can add foley, V/O, etc with this version. 4 tracks of audio are possible.
http://www.vasst.com
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #967
Regular Crew

Need help encoding files for DVD software.

Hey guys I am attempting to create a DVD with files that are .AVI and need to be converted to mpeg 2 for DVD software to burn them. What is a good program to encode this and what are the settings? I am looking to get my stuff in the highest quality possible on a DVD that can be access by all.

I have tried getting DVD files with premiere pro, TMPG converter, and EVEN VEGAS. All I get are videos in really low quality and wrong aspect ratio. I seem to be very unlucky in this type of encoding and can’t spend any more hours testing out types of settings encoding. Please Help. I prefer to use Vegas with DVD Architect if possible.

I shoot HD and would like to keep as much quality as possible. What are some tips for keeping the video looking good? What’s the highest quality bit rate?

Please help me with settings.
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #968
Regular Crew

In the same sinking boat...

i'm running into the same problem...maybe somebody can save us both.
Dean
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #969

Vegas with DVD Architect is all you need. You're delivering in SD, but you'll want to start with the HD template that you've (hopefully) been editing with.
Length of project is important. If you don't have length to worry about (sub 60 mins) then render to 8.5Mbps, avg at 6Mbps or so, and render to the widescreen format if you want the best. Set the sampling to BEST, not GOOD, and let er' rip. We do this at least 2-3 times a day if not more, and quality from HDV to SD is not a problem, factor, or issue.
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #970
Regular Crew

Adobe Premiere 2.0 Pro VS Vegas Movie Maker

How does Vegas Movie Maker + DVD plat compare to Adobe Premiere 2.0 Pro?? I just purchased Vegas, and I'm not too happy that I can't give it a 24p rendering in MPEG and I can't do a 16:9 transfer with sound...Premiere can do both from what I have been told...Any ideas??
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #971

First, Vegas *can* do a 16:9 export with sound, where did you get information it can't? Of course it can.
Second, you're comparing a $99.00 application to a 499.00 application. If you wanna compare Vegas (full version) to Premiere Pro, that's different. They each have their merits, but you'll find that in this forum at least, folks like Vegas better. In many avenues, Vegas is superior. That said, Premiere Pro can't do a decent 24p conversion, just look at the forums for confirmation of this. I've got PP2, and it stinks at converting. Vegas is superior to all but the most expensive tools. Why do you want 24p anyway? What is your reasoning behind the demand that no other consumer app can do?
Old March 27th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #972
Inner Circle

DSE beat me to it, but asking this q is like asking what the differences are between a VW and a maseratti...

but when comparing Vegas with PP2, then u might have a viable comparison subject
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #973
Inner Circle

or u can use pixellan spicemaster and create it much faster using AB edit tracks and using the PiPs available through that, basically treat it as a transition .. hell u can even animate the frames and displace them too for a much more organic look

I do this all the time for dance parties etc but not for weddings
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #974
Regular Crew

what would you suggest for getting as a plug-in to get the things the full version of Vegas can do - like the 24p conversion. I guess you guys might be able to tell me what is demanded in festivals for the best quality. I have an XL1S that takes amazing video, but I made a DVD last night from Vegas Movie Maker and it was noisy and highlights were blasted out from the original footage. Can you direct me in what may be wrong. I also want to shoot with the 16:9 guides and crop to widescreen with sound with Vegas movie maker. Can I do this with this software? I really thought this program would be a more user friendly than it is. It seems to have been written by technical / software gurus instead of people who will actually use it.
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #975
Major Player

Hey Peter thanks for your input as well, but I don't know anything about pixellan spicemaster, can you explain that software or plugin. Sounds cool though. Thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...