Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 69 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM   #1021
Old Boot

Ever wanting to Repeat a Script?

Well if you HAVEN'T all the scripts you want as tiny Icons on the toolbar - eh . .I just discovered "View Script Editor" - and yes this is for the knowledgeable creative script editors we can count to be fortunate to have amongst us - but I didn't know about this "Script Editor"? .. Well I do now!

Ctrl+Alt+0 will bring up this View. Once you have browsed for a script and have it in front of you in all its nakedness (. .hmmm .. nice! . .. ) you get to "RUN" the script and if you want to do it again .. just "RUN" it again .. and again ..

I've sometimes wanted to run a script without needing to have it on the toolbar; have its one icon and to be able to repeat its results.

We have Undo and Redo - but not Repeat Script. This is useful. Try it you might just like it. AND you get to see the innards of the script.

. .now there's a thought "Grazie! Put that script editor away!!! NOW!!!"

I guess somebody is gonna tell me that there is a simple switch/click to repeat last script??

.. so what DOES "var" mean? . .and "IncTime" ? ?

Grazie
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:36 PM   #1022
Sponsor: JET DV

Grazie, what app are you looking at?

var means you want to declare a variable.

IncTime is probably the variable name declared by the var (but without more reference it's hard to say)
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:38 PM   #1023
Old Boot

Ditto! - Eh? vegas. Vegas 6d . .
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM   #1024

Not necessarily. When you render for computer playback, you'll get the entire frame. When playing back on TV's, there's an overscan area which varies from TV to TV. In other words, play it back on 3 different makes/models of TVs and you'll like see three different amounts of footage.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM   #1025

If you wanted to send them to me, I could try to open them in 4, 5, and/or 6. Assuming it does open in at least one of them, it should be possible to work up to a Vegas 6 version.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:48 PM   #1026
Old Boot

So you can't ask for 10% back .. maybe a variable of the amount of TVs that obey your rendering . . and as I said, and Edward underlined, render for PC - viz the WMV/WMP I spoke of - gets me ALL my hidden sins "visible" from the borders - oh yes! Done that . . but we'll draw a veil over that mistake - thank you VERY much!!

Grazie
Old April 2nd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1027

Bitrate rules! If you don't know what bitrate is, you'd better be for figuring it out. Low bitrate and high motion equal disaster/bad quality. You should likely be in the 8Mbps range for high motion. We shoot a LOT of MotoCross footage, andyou need a high bitrate. Additionally, do you have the stabilization in the camera turned on? That too, will affect the encode.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 2nd, 2006, 03:02 PM   #1028
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
Bitrate rules! If you don't know what bitrate is, you'd better be for figuring it out. Low bitrate and high motion equal disaster/bad quality. You should likely be in the 8Mbps range for high motion. We shoot a LOT of MotoCross footage, andyou need a high bitrate. Additionally, do you have the stabilization in the camera turned on? That too, will affect the encode.
Thanks Douglas! Im looking in V6 now! Is that mod in trhe "render as" screen under "custom"/video/variable bit rate? I chose 15mbps all the way down...?
Old April 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM   #1029
Regular Crew

Prod Monitor Problems

I've got a JVC H150C hooked up through my Panasonic PC-DV203 cam (firewire -> composite) but can't view any video except individual frames.

If I try to run the video, all I get is a blue screen on the monitor, and Vegas freezes when I stop the video. I have to turn off the little Panny to get Vegas back.

DMA is enabled, I've tried changing the Preview RAM and thread count, and video sync settings in Vegas. Nothing helps.

Anything else to look for or do?

P4, 1 GB RAM, 7200 rpm hard drives, XP Pro, MSI with AMI, Vegas 6.0d
Old April 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM   #1030
Regular Crew

recording equipment

I'm looking for some recording equipment. Is anyone familiar with the M-Audio Podcast Factory?
Old April 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM   #1031
Major Player

Try Heroglyph

Heroglyph has an very frustrating non-standard UI but it does have "path motion" and you should be able to do handwriting - works as a Media Generator plugin to Vegas, 30day demo at
http://www.heroglyph.com/

/magnus
Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM   #1032
Regular Crew

Please Hook Me Up!

Shot a motorcycle race in HDV on Sony HDR HC1. Down converted to Sd as it went from Camera to hard drive. Everything looks great in the timeline-as soon as I render, dump it to DVD using architect 3, all the edges fall apart...? What is a good render template for fast motion SD?
Old April 2nd, 2006, 09:16 PM   #1033
Inner Circle

When all was said and done, I had a bad video file, I'll have to recapture that particular file. It was the last file that was 'missing.'

Thanks as always Ed. I wanted to get this file open because it was the one I did the Starwars ending on. Kinda cool.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:00 PM   #1034
Major Player

Problem fixed. I just re-captured that clip. The m2t file I was trying to swap back was corrupted probably due to a hard drive issue.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM   #1035

I don't use templates, but if I did....I'd use the NTSC DVD Architect video stream
http://www.vasst.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...