Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 88 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #1306
Inner Circle

If you don't want Media Manager to open, disable it in Preferences.
If you do though, that's another issue and, other than making sure you have the service pack update for Microsoft.Net, I don't have any suggestions.
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1307
New Boot

thanks bud ;)
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1308
Major Player

Create new short clip(s) from longer one?

Is it possible to trim and save a clip as a completely new and separate file from its source?

I’ve used the trimmer and it seems it only references the new file – that is, it does not create a new shorter segment (clip) from the larger clip from which it came. (One that is separate even outside of Vegas)

What I’m trying to do is this:

I have one long video clip from which I would like to create several shorter clips (in Vegas). I want to then add FX/processing those shorter clips (in After Effects) -- and then have the changes reflected when I go back into Vegas. Make sense?

Why don’t I trim them in AE? It’s way easier in Vegas. Any thought are much appreciated –

I’m still using Vegas 5 by the way :-(
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #1309
Regular Crew

I've been asking the same question with Vegas Movie Maker Platinum and I have had no responses..I want to clip and save takes to folders but I've tried to cut and paste into a folder, and nothing works. Douglas Spotted Eagle is the guy to talk to - I've purchased his book, but it obviously and could not cover every detail...he may answer your question. He doesn't like to be e-mailed..but will possibly answer your question here if he sees its.
Dean
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #1310
Inner Circle

Yes, I believe this is possible in Vegas 6.0. I do not know about 5.0.

Create an event, then right click on it, and then one of the options will create another take. Sorry, but I do not have Vegas 6.0 or the manual handy at this moment.

Edit: I have just downloaded the manual and can not find this feature. I remember doing this but can not be certain of the exact steps.
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #1311
Major Player

Another way is to select a section and do Render Selection As.
Old April 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #1312
Major Player

Thanks for the input all...

Looks like Tools> 'render to new track' is about as close as I can get to the function I'm looking for. Kind of what Bill was suggesting --(thanks for the idea), but with the clip imported into the media bin...

Thanks again --
Old April 24th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #1313
Regular Crew

lol ok thanks.
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #1314
Regular Crew

Which training DVD do you have?
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1315
Inner Circle

i wouldnt be surprised if it does...

u gotta understand, that DVDArchitect is STRICTLY built or updated once STANDARDS are set by the DVDForum. Once a standard is set, THAT is when DVD architect openly supports the format.. no sooner...

if it bcomes an official standard, then and only then will dvd architect support it..

this is why DVD architect DOESNT support mpg audio.. as mpg audio is not a mandatory audio format, whereas RAW and AC3 are mandatory. The rest (mpg/dts) are all elective formats, which DVDA doesnt support.. although it WOULD b enice to be able to author a AC3 with an added DTS track... but thats a long shot...
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #1316
Regular Crew

Does your PC have a WinTV PVR card installed?
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #1317
Inner Circle

Mik Crash VDub Auto Levels plugin..

jsut curious if anyone know whether theres been an update to the auto levels plugin ???

Reason is is that i find its a brilliant tool BUT sometimes it fluctuates, which is somethign i dont want.. i heard that there wil be a "lock" feature coming for it soon, but im yet to see or hear about this for quite a while..

any ideas??
Old April 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #1318
Regular Crew

Anyone got anything at all ?
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #1319
Major Player

Trouble with Hammerfall card - stuttering video

Folks, I thought I had this issue solved a while back - the video stutters in the preview window, but renders fine.

I've tried a lot of different things that Spot suggested, then today as I was opening a rocketboom piece (http://rocketboom.com -wonderful blog) I noticed that the sound was seriously jumping stuttering. Not the video but the sound. So I started to look around for what might be happening with Quicktime and my Hammerfall audio card. Sure enough, it seems that the Hammerfall card (dsp multi-face) doesn't like Quicktime. Something about the driver, which they say they are updating very soon.

And it occured to me - that perhaps this is the problem I'm having with Vegas - maybe the hammerfall card DOESN'T like Vegas.

So - does anybody have a Hammerfall audio card, and has it ever caused this problem?

Related question - could an audio card cause an issue with video?
I'm still fighting with this. It's just such a pain to have a beautiful new computer - faster that hell, everything clean and new, and not be able to accurately preview what you are doing to the video.

thanks everybody,
Milt
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #1320
Regular Crew

I have the DVD from onelessbook.com its the Vegas 6 training. It is pretty good.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...