Vegas Pro 9.0d released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Vegas Pro 9.0d released

Get it here.
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Notable fixes/changes in Version 9.0d

* Added closed captioning support (reading and writing of XDCAM HD and HD422 closed captions, as well as .SCC file import/export).
* Added support for the PreSonus FaderPort control surface.
* Added Device Explorer support for CompactFlash-based memory recording units such as the HVR-MRC1 and hard-disk-based recording units such as the HVR-DR60.
* Added support for AVCHD Lite video.
* Added support for timecode in XDCAM EX AVI/DV files.
* Tools > Multicamera > Lay Out Tracks Using Media Timecode and Lay Out Tracks Using Media Date/Time Stamp now use unique tracks for media without tape names.
* Added support for importing layered PSD files across tracks.
* Added White Balance video plug-in.
* Added scripts: Remove Letterboxing, Render Audio Tracks, Resize Generated Media, and Stereo To Mono.
* Copy Snapshot to Clipboard and Save Snapshot to File now deinterlace interlaced images and operate at Best (Full) resolution if the Video Preview is set to (Auto) size and Good quality if set to Draft or Preview.
* Copy Snapshot to Clipboard now performs pixel-aspect correction like the Save Snapshot to File command.
* Added Copy Snapshot to Clipboard and Save Snapshot to File to the Trimmer.
* Added timeline DVD burning (Tools > Burn Disc > DVD).
* Updated to latest RED SDK, including support for 4.5K images and FLUT color science.
* élastique Efficient is now the default time stretch mode.
* MPEG-2 smart render across formats now supports MPEG-2 video streams intended for Blu-ray Disc (only available when operating points are identical: e.g. resolution, framerate, video data rate, color resolution).
* The Mastering Effects Bundle 2 plug-ins (available with Sound Forge Pro 10) can now be used in Vegas Pro if they are installed on your system.
* Implemented various compatibility improvements to XDCAM MXF files.
* Improved support for reading AVC/AAC (.mp4) video.
* Improved image sharpness on Windows Secondary Monitor display when Apply deinterlace filter is not used.
* Improved Trimmer Fit-to-Fill behavior when the source is a still image.
* Implemented various additions and improvements to Interactive Tutorials.
* Fixed a crash that could occur during startup when using the 64-bit version of the application with certain RAID controllers.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when adding certain audio effects to the Master Bus FX chain.
* Fixed a hang that could occur while changing FX parameters with an external DV monitor enabled.
* Fixed a hang that could occur when using 32-bit VST audio effects in the 64-bit version of the application.
* Fixed a hang that could occur after capturing HDV clips.
* Fixed field order in reader for certain H.264 files.
* Fixed Import Stereo as Dual Mono when dragging media from the Device Explorer window.
* Fixed a smart render issue with XDCAM HD.
* Fixed a smart render issue with MXF PAL DV rendered to AVI PAL DV.
* Fixed timecode reading for 50p and 60p XDCAM MXF media.
* Fixed an issue with waveform drawing accuracy when very quiet events are normalized.
* Fixed an issue that could prevent audio from appearing for certain AVI files.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering many markers to Sony MXF format.
* Fixed a bug that could cause clicks when using certain Track EQ automation settings.
* Fixed an issue where deleting one Track Motion preset could cause others to be removed.
* Fixed a slight artifact that could occur when using the Broadcast Colors video effect.
* Improved support for VST audio plug-ins written in Delphi.
* Fixed a problem that could cause summary data to be lost when using custom Windows Media Video rendering templates.
* Fixed a problem with enabling the audio stream when using custom Windows Media Video rendering templates.
* Fixed the ability to capture from HDCA-702 MPEG TS Adaptor.
* Fixed the ability to render to multiple mono files using PCA format.
* Fixed the ability to seek in files rendered using the MainConcept AAC/AVC format.
* Fixed a problem that could cause corrupt video when rendering to QuickTime format using the 3 Mbps Video template.
* Fixed the operation of the Proportional check box in the Checkerboard generator plug-in.
* Fixed an issue with media generators not using a changed pixel aspect ratio.
* Fixed an issue saving and restoring templates in the Command Properties dialog.
* Fixed an issue that prevented JPEG from being used to save image sequences.
* Fixed an issue with Trimmer Fit-to-Fill not creating the correct media start time.
* Fixed an issue with scrubbing in reverse past the media start time in the Trimmer.
* Fixed issue with Event Pan/Crop Match Output Aspect when Adjust source media to better match project or render settings applied to the source media.
* Fixed an issue that prevented markers from appearing in the correct position for rendered FLAC files.
* Corrected a problem that could cause black frames in MOV files after installing the QuickTime 7.6.6 update.
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Trustee

Hope this is finally stable.. fingers crossed!
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I'm using 9c and with my AVCHD from Canon 7d, the system is totally unstable. I am to the point where I can't render anything, even a 20 second clip. It either crashes or says "Not enough memory, close other programs". It also won't play smooth in the timeline. Stutters like crazy. Basically Vegas is useless right now. I also get red frames all over the place. Anyone know if such issues are addressed in the latest iteration?
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Major Player

vegas 9d 32 bit

not sure if things are fixed as vegas 9d wont open any of my old veg files.
posted problem on sony forum as well to see if people can reproduce or if its my PC.
rolled back to 9c and veg files open fine.
9d no go!

vista 64 bit
vegas 9c
intel quad core
8 gb ram
cineform
magic bullet looks
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Vegas 9, don't bother....

Yup, same here. Now doesn't recognise .mxf or .veg files. How do you roll back to the previous version please?
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Major Player

ok now loaded a veg file but it took 10 mins to load!, I thought it had just stalled at 2%
someone mentioned a warning about proxy audio file being produced and I wonder if this is what is happening and why it is so slow.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Estcourt View Post
9d no go!
Thanks for the warning. I downloaded 9d, but I think I will not install it then. 9.0c works for me just fine.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Major Player

well it loaded the veg file but as i said took 10 mins to do so.
I thought that if i saved it in 9d then it would re open fine. Wrong!
It took another 10 mins to open.
Also noted all my cineform files were now listed as interlaced, no they are progressive and were always opened as progressive in the 9c VEG.
9d now sees them as interlaced.
back to 9c for good.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Humph! Just uninstlled and reinstalld 9c. As you were......
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Major Player

same error reported on sony forums, 10 mins to load a project! each time it loads!
I would hold off the upgrade until things are clarified.
john
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #12
Trustee

I decided to try it anyway. I created a Windows restore point, just in case I wanted to go back. I installed 9.0d (64-bit) on my Sony Vaio laptop running 64-bit Vista on a dual processor. This is the same machine that I have been using with 9.0c and that I have been developing the Bororo 3D plug-in on.

Then I loaded Vegas. It loaded faster than ever before. It also opened the last project I had opened before. It was not showing my Bororo 3D plug-in, so at first I started panicking. I quit Vegas and checked the Bororo 3D installer. It was not installed. Clearly, I had uninstalled it as I often do when I add some functionality and test it. So, I installed the plug-in, then opened Vegas 9.0d. My plug-in was now showing. Everything was working like a charm. Opened some older projects just to see if they would load. They loaded very fast, faster than I am used to.

So, unlike others, I seem to have no troubles with the new 9.0d (it did not even ask me to re-enter my serial number but displayed it as usual). Then again, I never had any troubles with 9.0c either.

So, if you are wondering what to do, do what I did: Create a Windows restore point, then install the update. If everything works fine, congratulations. If not, tell Windows to restore the system to just before you created the restore point and you will be back to 9.0c, or whatever else you are running.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #13
Inner Circle

I'm not at the end of the rope with Vegas, but I'm getting near it.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Create a Windows restore point, then install the update.
And if you really mess it up, you can always get a copy of 9.0c (or any other version) in the Sony archives.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
I'm not at the end of the rope with Vegas, but I'm getting near it.
And yet there are more than a few users who aren't have any problems.
I'll see what happens when I get home tonight and install it.
Keeping all fingers and toes crossed and touching a lot of wood when I do that :-)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...