Can't see clips in preview window at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't see clips in preview window

I have a problem that I do not know how to correct. I’m sure someone out there can get me headed in the right direction.

For some reason when I click on a clip from within Explorer I can not view my clips in the preview window. When I click on the clip I can see the frames click off below the window but no video in the window. I’m not sure if I did something without knowing it or what.

I can see the clips in the preview window if I put them onto the timeline, but not when I try to see them from the explorer.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Warren
Warren Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Trustee

The preview window is always showing the preview of whatever frame is currently active in the timeline.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The default behavior for V9 (v8?) is that play-from-explorer displays in the trimmer.

Open the trimmer and try again...

If this is the issue, it is changeable in the preferences to play in the preview monitor, as in previous versions.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...