Using Boris Continuum Complete on 10.0c Win7 64bit - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: Using Boris Continuum Complete on 10.0c Win7 64bit

I am immensely grateful for the news - disappointing as it is. I paid in advance for 10 years of service from this server; hope to find a solution.

In the meantime - and if you are REALLY curious, you can click on www.torealize.net/video/2physics.mp4. Eventually, it should start playing in your local player instead of in my website's JW Player. Or you could right-click and download to your hard disk, then watch it.

In a few days I hope to have a 300kbps version up to replace this 500kbps version (although the present version is visually almost identical to the original material when I put it on the TL in Vegas, and it hurts to put its quality at risk; but I think I've give it a go just to see if the lower bitrate helps).

I'll also try to put it on the business website that my wife and I own. If you can check back in a few days, that would be informative for me.

Thanks again to both of you - Larry
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #32
Inner Circle

No problem Larry.

I think there must be something up with your service provider. This is a 166mb file which should take me no time at all to download on 20mbps broadband. I'm just saving the file locally as I type this and it has completed 20% with nearly 10 minutes to go. Give us a heads up when you've uploaded it on your business website and I'll be glad to take a look.

Out of interest, by paying ten years in advance did you get it really dirt cheap?

Cheers,

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #33
Regular Crew

"Out of interest, by paying ten years in advance did you get it really dirt cheap?"

It was about the best that I found - I spent a couple of days reading Terms on a number of providers. I also chose GoDaddy because I'd used them years ago and was pleased; and, having been around for so long, I figured they'd still be there 10 years from now.

All told, I paid a bit less than $7 per month for unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, etc. And otherwise they had the features and Terms that I was looking for.

They also offer 30 days for refund - and I'm still within the limit in case I get too frustrated with it and want to give it a try elsewhere. That's why your help was so useful to me - I'm still evaluating.

I should have the video on my business website, with the JW Player, later today (it's 2+ pm on Tuesday here)
Old March 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #34
Regular Crew

the physics video now is up and functional on my business website:

physics

If it plays ok, I may cancel my GoDaddy account and create a new account on 1and1 server - the host that I use for the business website.

Again - thanks so much for your kind assistance
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #35
Inner Circle

I gave it a whirl this morning. On the plus side, it loads and plays. On the down side it buffers all the time and there are frequent (like every ten or fifteen seconds) pauses while the video catches up.

I would be inclined to go back to your hosting provider(s) and tell them you're having this issue.

Another thing you might want to check is your settings for the media player (is it JW Player?). I'm no expert here so someone else might be better able to guide you.

Interesting material in the video!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #36
Regular Crew

I'm feeling guilty for hijacking this thread, so have started a new thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ml#post1628834
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #37
Major Player

Upgrade to 10.0d Win7 64bit

I'm the original thread starter and upgraded to Vegas Pro 10d 64bit today.

First thing I did was to drag a random Boris Continuum effect and drop it on a video track, something which nuked Vegas 10c consistently.

With 10d everything went well. I added a few more Boris effects and ... nothing happened.

Thank you great people at SCS, we're back in business.

/m
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #38
Inner Circle

I have the latest version of Vegas Pro and am new to Boris. I'm getting crashes on some of the plug ins. About 20% crash my i7 Dell XPS.

Boris seems like a great way to After Effecterize you Vegas and further Vegas's rep as a one stop shop. Sure hope they get these bugs worked out at Boris.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...