Using Boris Continuum Complete on 10.0c Win7 64bit - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Using Boris Continuum Complete on 10.0c Win7 64bit

Wow! What hostility. I would have thanked John Rofrano for pointing out the tutorials were on Youtube so one could avoid having to give their personal information. So much for a forum being a place to share information and be thanked for it.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I am so grateful to John for those videos. I watched a few and tried out BCC7, then bought it yesterday - mainly due to John's outstanding tutorials.

I loaded about a dozen of their plug-ins and did not have one crash (however, I couldn't see anything on the preview screen with the 3d text plugin; BCC7 says my GT240 says it is OK for working with). I'm using an i7 940 @ 3.8 gHz/12GB RAM, I can't remember the last crash in Vegas - or anything else . . .

Thanks again John - Larry
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:54 PM   #18
Trustee

No hostility toward John was intended or implied. I was simply pointing out that Boris web site can use some improvement and that I am not interested in their software. If that was not clear, I apologize.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM   #19
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
No hostility toward John was intended or implied.
I appreciate D.J. Ammons' support and just to be clear, I did not sense any hostility at all. Only frustration in not being able to get the information you wanted when you wanted it. Boris has gone a long way to ensure that their web site contains tutorials and videos on how to use their products. They also have free monthly webinars that you can attend. While there is always more that any company can do to be more responsive to their customers, Boris has been trying to get the word out about their products.

~jr
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM   #20
Trustee

Just for the record, I have since watched the first two of the YouTube tutorials you have listed, and you do a fine job in them.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Just for the record, I have since watched the first two of the YouTube tutorials you have listed, and you do a fine job in them.
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. :)

~jr
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rofrano View Post
I appreciate the kind words. :)
I always say it how I see it. :)

I actually have a question: One of your tutorials (well, two) is about motion tracking. Does this only work within the Boris plug-in, or can it be used with unrelated plug-ins? In other words, can it be used to define a specific area that other plug-ins could then work with. Possibly by creating a moving mask.

To give you an example, in Schindler's List there are scenes where everything is in grayscale except for a little girl in a red coat (IIRC). Would it be possible to have Boris track the girl, create a mask, then use the mask with a non-Boris plug-in to turn everything not covered by the mask into monochrome. This is just an example (I do realize there are other ways to do this, e.g., with a green screen, but I am kind of tired right now from shoveling snow, so that was the first example that came to mind).
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #23

Quote:
I actually have a question: One of your tutorials (well, two) is about motion tracking. Does this only work within the Boris plug-in, or can it be used with unrelated plug-ins? In other words, can it be used to define a specific area that other plug-ins could then work with. Possibly by creating a moving mask.
The Match Move plug-in is a 2-to-1 Transform which means it will affect the track below it. This is how I move the 3D text with the motorcycle rider. You could use this to track an object and match it to piece of black and white generated media on the track below to be used as a mask on another track below that. The mask would then follow the object.

~jr
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #24
Trustee

OK, thanks, John.
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #25
Major Player

John,

Thanks for the tutorials. Do you have any idea if they plan on adding their 3-way color corrector to BCC for Sony Vegas? Thanks
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Salvatore View Post
John,

Thanks for the tutorials. Do you have any idea if they plan on adding their 3-way color corrector to BCC for Sony Vegas? Thanks
No, I don't know what they are planning but you should definitely contact them via email or on their forum and inquire about it. I'm sure that customer interest will gauge what gets added to future releases and what doesn't.

~jr
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #27
Regular Crew

I finally got around to using BBC7 in one of my actual projects that required a greenscreen chromakey. I didn't watch any tutorial on that plugin nor did I read the associated .PDF documentation. but the basic use was so intuitive that the results were pretty good.

If curious, you can see the results at Welcome.

Click on:
"2 - The Visit. . ." button.

Then scroll down a bit and click on the
"2c- . . . physics" link.

At 44 seconds into that clip, you'll see a close-up that was CK'd with BCC7.

Probably the key would have been even better if I would have done a bit of homework - I didn't even know what a lot of the BCC7 settings were for.

Oh, well - something yet to do to keep me off the streets . . .
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #28
Inner Circle

Hi Larry, tried a couple of times to view the video but it takes forever to buffer then plays a couple of seconds then buffers for ages again. It could well be a problem at my end, but I just tried a couple of other videos from my customers sites and they load and play fine. You may want to look into that as it made the video unwatchable, sadly.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #29
Regular Crew

@Ian Stark:

hmmm - thanks so much for the info. Really can't say why. I have a moderate-speed DSL connection, and it loads in a few seconds and doesn't buffer. I wonder if there is some relay point between here and U.K. that is slowing things down.

Incidentally, I realized that I could have posted the link directly to the video page. It is:

physics
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #30
Trustee

Hey Larry,
just letting you know, the vid is no go in the land of Oz either.
Tried twice, just buffered.
:(

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...