Dvd Architect? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Dvd Architect?

Ok I'm trying to put my film onto a dvd to be shown at a local movie theater. They don't have a blue ray player in place so it will have to be downconverted to SD. Not a problem with a lot of useful information found here I was able to downconvert it and not lose much in the way of image quality. My only issue is I'm getting weird black lines on all four sides of the image. Not letterboxing but all the way around. When I said stretch to fill frame it made black lines on the left and right side. Is there any fix for this. I just don't want to have our screening and have the movie only play on 60% of the screen. Any help would be very appreciated.
Josh Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Wrangler

What is the aspect ratio of your project?
What is the aspect ratio of your video?
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Inner Circle

It sounds like you simply need to crop the footage on the timeline to 16:9 and it should be fine.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I believe I'll be unable to crop the image. The reason is we had to use the pan crop on some of the movie to get rid of boom mics and boom mic shadows.
Josh Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Save the project under a new name, to experiment with. Then use Aspect ratio script to merely change the aspect ratio. I can email it to you. I haven't used it for a LONG time, but it should work for you. email me by clicking my name to the left, I'll send the script as an attachment. Very simple to use.

I would just send you to where I got it, but I have no idea...it works like a charm in just a couple of clicks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...