Problem with Picture show with DVD Architect 5.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 4th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with Picture show with DVD Architect 5.2

I have had an enquiry from a potential customer who wants to know if I can assemble and burn a Blu-ray disc that has about 80 pictures on it. The problem is that they want each picture to come on screen and just sit there until they hit the next chapter button to go to the next(or last) picture. It is going to used in a lecture so they want the ability for the picture to just sit there until they want to advance it. I can use chapter markers to advance each clip.

Had a look at putting together a picture Compilation but it seems to want to render out each clip for a selected duration. Is there anyway that each picture can just appear on screen without having been pre rendered out as a video file?

Using DVD Architect Pro 5.2
Mark Sudfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Problem with Picture show with DVD Architect 5.2

Since there's only 80 pictures, just create 80 menus - each with a single invisible link to the next menu. Then they can just press play and it will go to the next menu. I believe standard DVDs have a 99 menu limit? Not sure about BluRay discs.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward. That's a good workaround. The only problem could be that I think he mentioned that sometimes they may want to go backwards through the pictures and I'm guessing that wouldn't be possible with this method?
Mark Sudfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

That would certainly make it more difficult unless you had visible menu options (one for forward, one for back). Sounds like he really wants to use a computer and PowerPoint instead of a DVD player.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Trustee

I'm not sure if it is specific to my players but if I add menu pages, remove all links, and make the background media a picture, when I hit the next button on my remote it goes to the next picture, and when I hit the previous button it goes back to the previous picture.

I believe for BR discs you can have up to 999 menu pages.
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I will give Garretts method a try and see if it works for me.
Mark Sudfeldt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...