VOB to Mp4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Major Player

VOB to Mp4

I've dragged a VOB from a DVD that someone had made for me and edited it in Vegas Pro 11. What's the best way to render the edited file without loosing detail and sharpness? Render my project in the exact format Vegas read it into the timeline when I dropped the VOB on the timeline at first?

I've added music and have done extensive editing of the original VOB.

TIA
Harry
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: VOB to Mp4

If you know the exact data rate of the original m2v file you may be able to no-recompress render all the video you haven't applied any effects too. Have a look with Media info at the original vob.
If that's all too hard I've had success rendering to Lagarith lossless, applying some Neat Video to clean up any noise and artifacts, then rendering to mpg as a final.
Good luck
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: VOB to Mp4

Thanks Gerald!

Rendering at those settings and keeping my fingers crossed.

Harry

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...