Vegas Pro 12 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 4th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Vegas Pro 12

12 with a gtx 550 ti / i7-920 / 16 ram running fine including newblue titler pro.
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Major Player

Thanks, guys, for the comments.

One more question: has anyone downloaded the latest preview version of Windows 8 yet and used Vegas Pro 12 (or even 11) with it? Everything seems to be coming at once!

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #18
Trustee

Just installed V12 no trouble. Downloaded New Blue TitlerPro but it wouldn't install...stuck at ...FrameProcessing.dll and subsequent files as I 'ignored' the ones it wouldn't/couldn't install.

Have the version of TitlerPro that came with Vegas 11 but have not used it...yet...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #19
Sponsor: JET DV

Renton, if you had simply exited Vegas, it does not always "exit" all the way. Please reboot, install Titler Pro, and then start Vegas. I'm sure you'll see it installs fine after a reboot insuring Vegas is not running in the background.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #20
Trustee

Thanks Edward...it worked. :-)

Appreciated
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Tourist

I'm in the same situation. I'll have to upgrade to a 64bit capable computer to use my favorite editing software - Vegas. Since Sound Forge has gone MAC hopefully Vegas isn't far behind.
Paul A. Folger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I was looking at my Vegas Pro 12 offer. They now have proxy editing. Since I have Vegas Pro 10, I needed Cineform Neoscene.

I was thinking of upgrading to Vegas Pro 12 just so I can have proxy editing capabilities. Has anyone used the proxy editing features yet?
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #23
Major Player

I'm still surprised they have a useless fx like 'add noise', but don't have one for getting rid of video noise, guess 3rd parties are still the saviour....
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Jaime, I'm curious about the proxie thing also: how it works, how large the files are, does it work well, etc.

I might just install the download and try it out and see what happens, but I'm so busy right now I'd like to hear about it first if possible.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Major Player

Archiving?! Has any body done this yet?

I read on the Vegas Pro 12 page that ....

....."HDCAM SR™ encoding is now available in Vegas Pro 12, for extremely high-quality mastering and archiving".....

FCPX has the ability to create an archive of tape based media. It basically is just a straight copy (no compression) to the HDD.

Would the HDCAM SR encoding be any more beneficial for archiving purposes?
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #26
Old Boot

Edward, thanks for your patient assistance with me. OFX NewBlue TitlerPro is work perfectly.

There've been some major imrpovs - yes?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #27

The latest version 1 of Titler Pro definitely has stability/usability improvements. The options version 2 of Titler Pro available when purchasing Vegas Pro 12 has the following new features:

• Custom 3D Bevels – Create a unique bevel on any style layer to maximize 3D impact
• Wide angle – Adjust the camera lens of the scene for extreme or subtle perspective
• Video as texture – Apply video as a texture to any style layer or shape for dynamic compositions
• Custom texture position – Now adjust the position, scale and size of any image or video texture
• True motion blur – Output smooth, realistic motion titles at the time of render
• Multiple light sources – Create the perfect mood and space for your titles with lighting control
• Light Keyframing – Manipulate three different kinds of lights in space with keyframes
• Material shine control – Dial in the perfect amount of surface shine for each style layer
• New multi-point shape – Design stars, bursts and radial objects with this new vector shape
• EPS file support – Import vector files and extrude them for 3D logos and custom objects
• Text-to-text transitions - Now use any NewBlue transition to morph one text into another using transitions between paragraphs
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #28
Tourist

I've seen several posts about Vegas 12 crashing or freezing when trying to Newbluefx Titler Pro included with version 12. I, too, had the same problem. But when I updated my Nvidia display driver, the problem went away. It works now.
Steven Thorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #29

Yes, it certainly helps to have an up-to-date video driver.
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #30
Inner Circle

Ed, would you say so far that 12 has been among the most trouble free of the uprades since ver 7? I am seeing so few complaints, aside from NewBlue stuff, which I'm not counting.

I do not see the usual yelling and screaming about it I have with previous new releases.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...