Vegas Pro 12 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #31
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Vegas Pro 12

Jeff, it has been working for me. I can't say I've really pushed it that hard, though. I did notice last night that it didn't preview on my external monitor via a DV/Firewire connection. Pro 9 does fine on that machine and I didn't double-click 10 or 11 last night.

I'm still not sure why people are vilifying Titler Pro. It's working on the majority of systems. On the ones where it is not, we're trying to find the conflicts. I can't tell you how many times someone has reported a crashing issue, we had them upgrade their video driver, and suddenly all is now fine. I've heard of another case where someone was using a tablet input device. Disabling that driver allowed Titler Pro to then work. There's also been a couple of cases where it worked fine when the Titler dialog was on the main monitor but not on a secondary monitor. So, yes, I know some people are having issues but also know they are becoming fewer and fewer. And in those cases, I'm sure it's directly related to something in their system setup - it's just a matter of searching and searching until the conflict is found.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Thanks Ed. It looks like a very nice upgrade. Can't use it now, but will buy it for sure. I always do.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #33
Major Player

Jeff the trail I'm running seems to crash just as much as 11 (every few minutes), not sure if I'm going to upgrade still making up my mind.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Nicholas, 11 has been 100% stable for me since the next to last update, before it was not stable.

Recently I changed my RAM timings and then Vegas began crashing a LOT. I changed my timing back, and now it's fine.
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #35
Sponsor: JET DV

I honestly believe a lot of people having issues with Vegas and/or the NewBlue GPU Accelerated products are having system specific issues. Changing the RAM timings could definitely affect it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #36
Inner Circle

What's funny about my settings was that I have expensive memory known to work at 9-9-9-27, which are the timings that gave me issues. I was previously at a conservative setting of 10-10-10-30 and had just forgotten to adjust to the faster, normal speed after I had installed the RAM.

9-9-9-27 shouldn't have, in my feeble mind, caused crash issues with Vegas, but apparently it did. It's not a big deal, the slower timing is unimportant and does not matter to me, Just a quirky thing I think.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #37
Major Player

Not sure what the problem is Jeff, I save all the time every other minute, crashing is normal to me I've given up trying to find an answer. The latest update on Vegas 11 helped considerably but still not stable. When grading with curves I experience a lot of instability but it's mostly random hard to pin point. The only thing I still do in Vegas is edit, I render to Cineform and do my transcoding and mastering in Adobe. As soon as Adobe Premiere adopts a free roaming timeline similar to Vegas (which I hope will happen one day) I'll switch. These days I even master my audio in Adobe Audition, much more powerful of the bat & Encore kicks DVD Architect ass.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Encore is a superior DVD authoring tool, very nice product.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock View Post
Not sure what the problem is Jeff, I save all the time every other minute, crashing is normal to me I've given up trying to find an answer. The latest update on Vegas 11 helped considerably but still not stable. When grading with curves I experience a lot of instability but it's mostly random hard to pin point.
Me too. Grading with curves, but also color corrector, brightness and contrast and others. It's actually easy to pinpoint, Vegas.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #40
Trustee

i tried to open in V12 fairly complicated project saved in vegas 11, multiple audio and video tracks, but version 12 opened it as a single audio and single video track with one continues video and audio event,
how do i keep the project structure from version to version?
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #41
Major Player

Vegas 12 should open Vegas 11 projects exactly the same way there shouldn't be any difference. Sounds like you nested the project into Vegas 12?
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #42
Old Boot

Yup, sounds like a Nest to me. Did you Drag the Veg onto VP12 Timeline?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #43
Trustee

But apparently you can't open v12 in v11...correct?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #44
Old Boot

Correct. Never been able to go backwards to an earlier Number release of Vegas: 12 into 11; 11 into 10; 10 into 9.... And so on.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #45
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
Yup, sounds like a Nest to me. Did you Drag the Veg onto VP12 Timeline?

Grazie
no, I oppened the project, and i tried all possible ways, "open with", file>open, double click from vegas Explorer, but i do get it like nested project every time, is there setting somewhere?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...