Vegas Pro 12 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 25th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Vegas Pro 12

I was very happy when I saw export to after effects option. I was happy untill I tried it. Anyone had experiences with it? My whole project is time-stretched (almost every clip), and when I export it to .prproj, it is ignored, and everything is messed up in after effects when I import it... any workaround with this?
Neboysha Nenadich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #62
Trustee

That's really neat Graham!
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #63
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
I eventually treated myself to a new i7 base unit
What model did you get and from who? Any recommendations? I want a new machine but the main brands fill their PCs with junkware and the independent builders have mixed reviews...

Cheers
Dave
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #64
Major Player

David, I just Overclocked my i7 3770k 3.5GHz to 4.5GHz with a cooler named corsair H100...
I now editing in a blazing speed... The clock and amount of cores on that cpu, makes Vegas Pro to realtime editing software... For real...

Of course the GPU of my GTX 670 does help too. And the 32GB of RAM makes Vegas to respond really quick...

Temp idle 27 celscius. Temp rendeing 68 celcius.

If your goig to buy a consumer cpu, only choice for great editing is i7 2600k, i7 2700k, 3770k, 3820 and 3930k.

3930k is a faster render machine because of the amount of cores. But for workflow example the 3770k of its ability to have higher clockspeed. And better overclock with less heat.
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #65
Trustee

Dave,
After a lot of looking around web sites, I decided on the Advent DT2315.

AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card
Operating system: Windows® 7 Home Premium

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz; 3.90 GHz Max Turbo Frequency: 8MB cache memory)

Memory: 16GB

Hard drive: 3TB

Optical drive: Multi-DVD RW

USB ports: Eight (two front; six rear, two of which are USB 3)

Reasonable spec, and certainly does the business - no complaints at all.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #66
Regular Crew

Both responses very much appreciated, I shall take a look at both ideas.

And apologies to everyone else for hijacking the thread (he realised, after he did it. Sorry)

Regards
David
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #67
Major Player

Having used VP12 successfully for a couple of months, I'm now finding that the Sony AVC/MVC option has disappeared from the 'Render As' list.
I've done some searching online and have found a thread on another forum relating to the same problem with VP11 last year. The advice was to check that the project settings were not set to match the media, and also move the Sony codec FileIO Plug-In file (mp4plug3) away from its location, boot and shutdown VP, then return it whereupon starting Vegas again, will find it and add it to the list.
Well, that didn't work, nor did upgrading to build 394.
By the way, I still have VP10 active on the same platform and its Sony AVC/MVC codec is present and functional.

Has anybody here had a similar problem?
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:08 AM   #68
Old Boot

Hi Steve. I have those options revealed here, in VP394. Screen grab attached.

I didn't apply any of those remedies; I tried both "Adjust . . " and not. Here it isn't making any difference, both ways allow for the Render options.

Cheers

Grazie
Attached Thumbnails
Vegas Pro 12-sony-avc-mvc-showing.jpg  
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM   #69
Major Player

Hi Grazie,

Thanks for the response. Well I've taken a screen shot of the Render As dialog box which shows just three Sony codecs:
Sony MXF (*.mxf)
Sony MXF HDCAM SR (*.mxf)
Sony Perfect Clarity Audio (*.pca)
There are no other Sony codecs in the list. None of the filter options are selected and if I search for 'Sony AVC/MVC' nothing is found.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any controls when I post so I can't include the jpeg of the dialog box.

Steve
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:51 AM   #70
Old Boot

So I gather you aren't seeing what I am seeing? Yes?

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #71
Major Player

Hi Grazie,

You are right. The Render As box shows all of the codecs except the Sony AVC/MVC one. Whatever I put on the timeline for rendering, I cannot get the Sony AVC/MVC one to appear.
I have Vegas Pro 10 still on the platform so I can render using that codec, but as Vegas's project files are not backward compatible, it means that any project created on VP12 cannot be loaded into VP10 for rendering.
I have updated the GPU drivers, (its an ATI HD 4650) but I don't use it for rendering,

Steve
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:02 PM   #72
Sponsor: JET DV

What 3rd party plugins do you have installed?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM   #73
Major Player

Hi Edward,

Apart from DNxHD codec I don't have any installed, even the New Blue ones supplied with VP12. The the full set supplied with VP10 is there though, but they have been installed for 2 years.
When I first installed VP12, there was much discussion about possible problems with New Blue Titler Pro 1, so I left it out. The Sony AVC codec in VP12 was working until late November at least.

Steve
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:19 PM   #74
Sponsor: JET DV

Steve, that's the reason I asked. I know an older version of Titler Pro caused that. This issue has since been resolved and is no longer an issue with Titler Pro 1 or 2.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:49 PM   #75
Major Player

Edward,

So where would you suggest I go now? I would like to keep the VP10 installation as is for a while, even though I don't use Titler Pro at all. I expect to do a complete platform rebuild soon onto a SSD, so the problem may just not reappear. I would like to get VP12 working on Sony AVC first as the Media Concepts AVC implementation doesn't have the options and doesn't seem to produce as good video images.

Steve

p.s. Its 2013 here so happy new year to all including those who aren't quite there yet.
Steve Game is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...