DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Upgrade Offer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/532290-vegas-upgrade-offer.html)

Bill Zens July 20th, 2016 01:38 PM

Vegas Upgrade Offer

I am currently editing on Adobe PP 6.0 and it is getting a little stale. I don't do enough video to justify the $50.00 monthly fee the upgrade to the Creative Cloud suite costs and don't want to upgrade to bits and pieces of it either.
The offer is $200.00 for Vegas 13 with a free offer to 14. I know Vegas used to have a passionate group of supporters, and with this offer wonder if it is worth switching over.
Thoughts?

Ron Cooper July 21st, 2016 07:36 PM

Re: Vegas Upgrade Offer

One word - DEFINATELY !!

This offer is excellent and with such a helpful lot of people here, it is a no-brainer.

Enjoy !

Ron.

Bill Zens July 25th, 2016 01:00 PM

Thanks, Ron. At that price it's almost a no-lose offer.

Karl Walter Keirstead July 25th, 2016 01:19 PM

Sure, go for it.

Richard Jones July 26th, 2016 03:51 AM

But be aware that Pro 14 will not support any of your existing scripts or plug ins which will all need to be re-written if tyhey are to be usable in Pro 12. See, for, example:-

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1012649

Richard

Ron Evans July 26th, 2016 05:16 AM

Likely doesn't matter if you are coming from another NLE or do not use scripts or plugins. I have only ever used the features that come with the software and assume there will be an updated set to replace the standard Sony effects. Main editor is EDIUS and that too has always required an updated set with each program update for the last few updates.

Ron Evans

Jeremiah Rickert July 26th, 2016 01:19 PM

I just wish we had some Specs on Vegas 14. Has anyone seen any? As I posted in the other thread, I really need to know if they are continuing OpenCL support.

Jeremiah Rickert July 26th, 2016 04:18 PM

BTW, does anyone know if the Vegas 13 from the offer is the 64bit version?

Seth Bloombaum July 26th, 2016 06:36 PM

IIRC, Vegas 13 is 64-bit only?

Ah, yes, here it is:
Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit)

Richard Jones July 27th, 2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1918322)
Likely doesn't matter if you are coming from another NLE or do not use scripts or plugins. I have only ever used the features that come with the software and assume there will be an updated set to replace the standard Sony effects. Main editor is EDIUS and that too has always required an updated set with each program update for the last few updates.

Ron Evans

That's right. Ron, but so many of us do use plug-ins and scripts such as those from NewBlue, FbMN, Prodad, Vasst and, a free one, Timeline Tools These offer so much more than the built in FX, including far superior stabilisation. for example.

Richard

Greg Boston July 27th, 2016 08:12 AM

Also wanted to make the OP aware that Sony has let go of Vegas Pro. It is now owned by Magix.

Frank Grygier July 27th, 2016 08:25 AM

Will FilmConvert work with Vegas 14?

Leslie Wand July 27th, 2016 08:59 PM

will any plugins / scripts / extensions work with 14?

i think we're all eagerly awaiting the first adopters reports ;-)

Graham Bernard July 27th, 2016 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Wand (Post 1918407)
will any plugins / scripts / extensions work with 14?

Leslie? Hadn't you read Gary Rebholz, from MAGIX-Madison input on this? No? Well, read this: RE: V14 support scripts? - Sony Vegas Pro - Video Forum

Grazie

Ian Stark July 28th, 2016 12:42 AM

Finally got an offer email from Magix, so it's good to see I'm on their radar :-)

The exclusive offer is for 60% off their web design software and I have three days to purchase it. Not as compelling an introduction to Magix as I would have hoped.