DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/534612-incredible-major-bug-fixable-vegas-15-a.html)

Mark Rosenzweig September 2nd, 2017 08:36 PM

Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15

One of the few new features in Vegas Pro 15 is the ability to decode those GH5 422 avc clips. Well, it turns out that this feature results in the disabling of the ability to play audio in many if not all avc clips! H264 clips that play fine in Vegas Pro 14 play on the timeline with no audio at all in 15.

I spent many hours trying to figure out what was going on. I coincidentally switched to 15 from 14 just after I started using a new camera. So, naturally I though there was something odd about the camera clips. That is until I imported them in 14 and they worked fine.

What's the fix? Disabling the brand new avc decoder that was installed as the default, which plays the GH5 files. This may also disable hardware rendering. So, essentially one of the key new features in 15 does not work.

And note - no bug report from Magix, no new build fixing this, no web site warning - nothing. Someone in the Vegas Pro Community Forum posted the fix. But you had to look for it.

Juan Rios September 3rd, 2017 04:24 AM

Re: Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the warning. Of course it is unfortunate that this happens, but at least on my side does not seem to have problems (crossing fingers). In the picture, the mp4 comes from a Lumix FZ1000. No audio issues. GH5 422 avc only issues?

Mark Rosenzweig September 3rd, 2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Rios (Post 1936101)
Thanks for the warning. Of course it is unfortunate that this happens, but at least on my side does not seem to have problems (crossing fingers). In the picture, the mp4 comes from a Lumix FZ1000. No audio issues. GH5 422 avc only issues?

No, my files were standard avc 420 with aac audio. Many others have encountered the problem with avc 420 from, for example, Sony cameras.

Juan Rios September 4th, 2017 07:18 AM

Wow... How unpleasant is this. We will wait for a solution soon.

Mark Rosenzweig September 15th, 2017 09:49 AM

I was notified today by Magix that this bug "will be remedied in a future update to the Vegas Pro 15 software." No date given, and they recommend using Vegas Pro 14 in the meantime (because I have that)!

Mark Rosenzweig October 7th, 2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rosenzweig (Post 1936457)
I was notified today by Magix that this bug "will be remedied in a future update to the Vegas Pro 15 software." No date given, and they recommend using Vegas Pro 14 in the meantime (because I have that)!

And this bug was NOT fixed in the latest update. I am not pleased.