Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Trustee

Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15

One of the few new features in Vegas Pro 15 is the ability to decode those GH5 422 avc clips. Well, it turns out that this feature results in the disabling of the ability to play audio in many if not all avc clips! H264 clips that play fine in Vegas Pro 14 play on the timeline with no audio at all in 15.

I spent many hours trying to figure out what was going on. I coincidentally switched to 15 from 14 just after I started using a new camera. So, naturally I though there was something odd about the camera clips. That is until I imported them in 14 and they worked fine.

What's the fix? Disabling the brand new avc decoder that was installed as the default, which plays the GH5 files. This may also disable hardware rendering. So, essentially one of the key new features in 15 does not work.

And note - no bug report from Magix, no new build fixing this, no web site warning - nothing. Someone in the Vegas Pro Community Forum posted the fix. But you had to look for it.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 04:24 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15

Thanks for the warning. Of course it is unfortunate that this happens, but at least on my side does not seem to have problems (crossing fingers). In the picture, the mp4 comes from a Lumix FZ1000. No audio issues. GH5 422 avc only issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible Major Bug (fixable) in Vegas 15-avc.jpg  
Juan Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:59 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Rios View Post
Thanks for the warning. Of course it is unfortunate that this happens, but at least on my side does not seem to have problems (crossing fingers). In the picture, the mp4 comes from a Lumix FZ1000. No audio issues. GH5 422 avc only issues?
No, my files were standard avc 420 with aac audio. Many others have encountered the problem with avc 420 from, for example, Sony cameras.
Old September 4th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #4
New Boot

Wow... How unpleasant is this. We will wait for a solution soon.
Juan Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #5
Trustee

I was notified today by Magix that this bug "will be remedied in a future update to the Vegas Pro 15 software." No date given, and they recommend using Vegas Pro 14 in the meantime (because I have that)!
Old October 7th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rosenzweig View Post
I was notified today by Magix that this bug "will be remedied in a future update to the Vegas Pro 15 software." No date given, and they recommend using Vegas Pro 14 in the meantime (because I have that)!
And this bug was NOT fixed in the latest update. I am not pleased.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...