supplied CF codec not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM   #1
Major Player

supplied CF codec not working

After I tried Connect HD trial verson it appears that the supplied Vegas Cineform codec does not work anymore. I tried uninstalling the expired trial version with no luck. How do I get back to work again?

Thanks
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM   #2
Trustee

Hey man, u r facing exactly the same problem as me! I cant seem to find the email address for cineform on their website as it is for customers only!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Did you try to reinstall Vegas 6.0d?
Arunas Jocius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Trustee

Yeah.. it didnt help. I will try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Maybe it will help.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Trustee

Someone from another forum mentioned our workflow is wrong. I was trying to render to avi 1080-50i from m2t. Does that work for u guys who do not have Connect HD?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunas Jocius
Did you try to reinstall Vegas 6.0d?

At this point I think I need to reinstall Vegas 6. Will I affect any existing projects that I have in Vegas with the reinstall??
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Well, I an newbie to Vegas, but my understanding is that your projects are saved as *.veg files in the location you have selected while working on the projects.
Arunas Jocius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Foronda
Will I affect any existing projects that I have in Vegas with the reinstall??
Re-installing Vegas will not affect your existing projects. I would uninstall, reboot, then re-install. If that doesn’t work, I would contact Sony support via their 800 number because a re-install should bring the product back to the level it was originally at.

~jr
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #9
Trustee

Fred, good news. I got my supplied CF working again after uninstalling Vegas and reinstalling it. Prior to that, I have uninstalled Connect HD Trial. My workflow is as below:
1. Capture to m2t via Vegas 6d internal codec
2. Open a new project file, properties to 1080-50i
3. Place the entire chunk on the timeline. (I'm in PAL land)
4. Render entire file to avi-1080-50i .
5. Re-import the avi to a new project with properties of 1080-50i
6. Editing as per DV style
7. Render as mov H264

Lookin good!! Oh but something strange is happening here, my preview isnt 16:9 now.. I think my setting were lost after uninstalling. Does anybody know what is the issue here? I checked the preview settings but there isnt anything there..
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Major Player

Sean, John and everyone else thanks for the help. I'll try to reinstall Vegas again.
Old May 20th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah
Oh but something strange is happening here, my preview isnt 16:9 now.. I think my setting were lost after uninstalling. Does anybody know what is the issue here? I checked the preview settings but there isnt anything there..

After my reinstall I noiticed my projects that I currently saved as a veg file looks smaller on the preview monitor/output monitor than before. Did you ever find a remedy Sean??
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #12
Trustee

Nope.. Actually it fills up the preview screen now! If I work in PAL I see the 2 horizontal black bars. Anyway, after I render to mpeg and burn it on a DVD. IT looks fine to me.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #13

I'm wondering how you're all setting up your projects? And if you have "Simulate Device Aspect Ratio" enabled?
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:32 PM   #14
Major Player

Douglas, I have tried both "simulate device aspect ratio"...I previwed my project onto external monitor (fx1 cam) and noticed it is not filling the entire screen like how it use to. Recently I just reinstalled Vegas and updated to 6D because my supplied cineform codec was not working after the Connect HD trial was over. I am wondering if it has to do with a setting in Vegas which I might have have to reset. If worst comes to worst I am gonna try to restore the computer back to the original date when I first installed Vegas 6. Any recommendation or solution would be appriceated greatly ....Mahalo
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:33 PM   #15
Major Player

I restored my system back to the original 6c with the expired connect hd trial version and now my previous projects are filling the screen properly but still my supplied cineform codec is not funtional. I'm afraid of uninstall and reinstall of Vegas cause of my projects are not filling up the output monitor proplerly. I'll pick up Connect HD someday. Anyone know whats going on??

Last edited by Fred Foronda; May 21st, 2006 at 02:14 PM.
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...