DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Verticle Black Bars (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/77744-verticle-black-bars.html)

Fred Foronda October 18th, 2006 07:52 PM

Verticle Black Bars

I read this somewhere but still having the same problem. Can someone list the steps of getting a decent DVD without having vertical black bars on the side?? On a 4:3 tv its fine but when played on a widescreen lcd its noticeable.

Camera: FX1
After I load the m2t on Vegas, I render to avi using the supplied connect hd I select the "stretch video to fill output frame size" and the template: "HDV 1080-60i intermediate". After the edit, I batch render to dvda ntsc widescreen.

Thanks

John Rofrano October 21st, 2006 09:32 AM

When you render to MPEG2 NTSC DVD Architect Widescreen, make sure your project settings are HDV 1080-60i. Also make sure the "stretch video to fill output frame size" option is applied at that step. You don’t need to stretch going from M2T to intermediary because they are both HDV 1.333 PAR. You need to stretch going from the intermediary to DVD Widescreen (1.2121 PAR) and you need to do that from a 1080-60i timeline for the stretch to work.

~jr

Fred Foronda October 22nd, 2006 04:58 PM

Done...I guess batch render is out the window cause there is not an option to "stretch video to fill output frame size" .

Edward Troxel October 22nd, 2006 09:53 PM

That CAN be done via a script - the script simply needs to be modified to properly set that option.

Fred Foronda October 23rd, 2006 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
That CAN be done via a script - the script simply needs to be modified to properly set that option.

How do I achieve this? I realized also that utilizing batch rendering via scripting goes a long a lot faster than just rendering to mpeg2.

Edward Troxel October 23rd, 2006 08:01 AM

renderer = FindRenderer(RendType);
renderer.StretchToFill = true;

Robert Knecht Schmidt November 15th, 2008 12:01 AM

A couple years later...

Edward, thank you, thank you, thank you. I was having the same problem and I googled "vegas scripting 'stretch video'", and this post was the first result to come up. I didn't doubt that if there was a solution I would be able to find it here!

Robert Knecht Schmidt November 15th, 2008 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, it didn't work. :(

I'm working with a modified version of Steven Christy's 2003 multiple project render script (attached to this post as a text file, but originally a .js file extension). I would like all renders to be stretched-to-fit. I tried adding the line Edward mentions above, renderer.StretchToFill = true, into the script, but the renders were exactly the same. Any advice?

Robert Knecht Schmidt November 15th, 2008 05:02 PM

I've probably found my answer at this thread.

www.jetdv.com :: View topic - How do I add StretchToFill to this script?

And I should probably have guessed that Edward would be helping find the solution over there, too.