Presets, Magic Bullet, Need Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Presets, Magic Bullet, Need Help!

Ok so this is a several step situation.
I bought a new PC, Duo Core, real nice set up to edit Vegas on. I have a Dell that's a couple of years older that I have been working on. Decent machine as well.
I have been editing on Hard Drives...so I brought my hard drive to the new pc to start working on the new copy of Vegas and realized that I my presets werent' there. Neither was Magic Bullet Movie Looks HD for Vegas, so I thought nothing of it.

I have been trying to follow the steps to get the presets loaded on the new machine..but that is question number 1- what is the way to do this, i mean effects presets

second- when I brought it into the new pc, because Magic Bullet wasnt on it, it whiped out all the effects I had used with Magic Bullet, when I returned home, the effects were also whiped out from the original source..
Anyway to get that back?

Can I transfer the Magic Bullet version I have to the new pc?

Please help me make this transition between computers...
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

You should be able to install Magic Bullet on both machines just fine. As for your presets, you pretty well have to manually recreate them. However, you don't need the actual presets on the second machine - the needed settings will be in the project.

As for getting your corrections back after they've been removed, you'll need to go back to an older version of the project.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
...As for your presets, you pretty well have to manually recreate them.
In Vegas 6 (I haven't checked this with vegas 7 and the latest MB) I found that custom presets are saved in the registry under the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DXTransform\Presets

Each plugin has a long id that corresponds to it (such as B432972D-E08D-11D2-BF8A-006097C9EBF7 which was used for MB Editors on my system). Presets corresponding to that plugin are saved as REG_BINARY values under the id key.

You should name your presets something very distinct so that you you will easily see them.

You can export your registry keys and merge them back if you ever need them (or want to transfer to another system). Be careful in the registry if you don't know much about it, however.

John
John McManimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Well... there's also the free preset manager application you can download from Sony. However, with video it only works with preset CHAINS.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Magic Bullet

Is there a refrence to the Magic Bullet Looks for Vegas HD somewhere in the registry as well?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...