Snapshot questions! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Snapshot questions!

Hey everyone!

I know alot of questions have been posted about this, but i have'nt found an answer...

-I'm working with an M2T file, how do i save a snapshot in HD format (higher than 480x270)?

-I've set the preview to best and full but i still don't get the same output size.

-Also when i save a snapshot of any kind, why don't i get it to look exactly like the original file itself? the colors are faded a bit.

Thanks!

Last edited by Donald Blake; February 1st, 2007 at 09:14 AM.
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

If you change the preview mode to Best (Full), you should get an image that is the full size adjusted for non-square pixels. If you do a "snapshot to clipboard" and then paste that into your photo program, you should get an image that is full size NOT adjusted for non-square pixels. Of course, this is also based on your PROJECT settings (i.e. is your project, under File - Properties, set to be an HD project?)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Edward,
My preview settings were already to best and full but my POJECT settings were'nt set to HD 1920x1080... beginers error i guess! i've tried both methods "save snapshot to file" and "copy snapshot to clipboard" both come out now at 1920x1080

Would you know why the colors are faded out? When i render it out the colors come out bright and perfect but with a snapshot they are dull and faded.
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:24 AM   #4

It's you.
Project settings must be at one of the HD1080 templates.
Set Preview settings to best/full.
Select either Save Snapshot to Clipboard or Save Snapshot to File.

That's it.
If you're not getting the fullsize frame, I'd suggest that you have something odd going on with your graphics program. Hundreds of HD images have been posted here on DVInfo.net, grabbed using exactly the above method.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Regular Crew

You too are totally right Douglas... my mistake.

but that damn color problem still bugs me!
Donald Blake is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...