Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 15th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #511
Regular Crew

this was posted quite a while ago...BUT since i learned a little about macs & idvd this past week....and maybe possibly you found a different workaround...or maybe it will help someone else...

macs are a little different than our pc...for example...i found that FCP AVI renders werent designating field order (lower) for our clips at our school lab which gave me a lot of headaches over the past couple of days...

you could render to AVI and let him convert the file however he sees best fit for his setup

or

if he has (or maybe had at this point) just that reel in mind...make the DVD and then goto (on MAC) applications/utilities/disk utility and there click the DVD drive after its inserted and create an image of the DVD

then it would create a image file (ending with dmg i believe) and he could jsut go back to DiskUtil when he needed and click the image and click burn (and it will ask for a blank dvd)

probably not of any help to you now....but perhaps someone...somewhere...will have a similar issue and it will help them....maybe.

Old August 15th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #512
Regular Crew

I had a discussion with the guy who runs all Mac labs in our school about this type of device this weekend...as those sticky labels kinda stink...

i found this http://www.cdrom2go.com/equipment/inkjet-thermal.htm which offers a little more info on thermal vs inkjet...

what i dont understand is why thermal would be listed as NOT having the capabilities to do nice graphics/pics....

i got a super duper (and somewhat pricey) thermal 8.5x11 printer a year or so ago and it makes awesome pics from my canon 10d still (which is about the only thing ive tried on there)

maybe its just thermal for cd/dvd

Old August 15th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #513
RED Code Chef

It is fine to use Vegas and the MPEG2 encoder the way you've
done! No problem at all. Since I haven't used DVDA much I can't
really comment on the MPEG2 settings etc. But, I'm glad you've
resolved your problems and it was something "as simple" (heh)
as a wrong field order!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 15th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #514
Regular Crew

Acid Pro Problem!

I've posted this in the Sony vegas forum, but it is a Sony Acid query.

I have recently added Sony Acid Pro 4 to my system, and during the installation, I am prompted to install DirectX 8.0 Runtime in order for the installation of Acid to continue.

I tried installing the supplied DirectX 8.0 and kept getting an error message telling me that this installation was only achievable under Windows 98/ME/2000 (I'm running XP), so I downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0c.

Yet when I go to install Sony Acid (4f) I still get the message prompting me to install at least DirectX 8.0!

I have successfully installed DirectX on my system, so why is it still not allowing me to progress??!!

Is there anyone out there that can help? There usually is ;-)

Thank You!

Sunny
Old August 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #515
Major Player

DVDA2 Dual Monitor Preview

Soon I'll be receiving a Matrox Dual Head G550 card and 2-Samsung 173P LCD monitors. I'm playing around with DVDA to see what I'll be able to do with 2 LCD monitors.

Is there a way to preview in DVDA2 to a second monitor? I know DVDA2 is supposed to preview to a fireware connected monitor, but I didn't see any mention of a dual monitor config.

It appears most of the windows in DVDA2 will tear off so I assume I can move them to the external monitor, just like in Vegas.
Old August 15th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #516

I don't know of a way to put the preview screen on the second monitor. at http://www.vasst.com/training/DVDAscreen.htm I've put up a screenshot of my DVDA layout. The workspace window is the only one that can't be moved about the dual screen. You *Could* open DVDA on the second monitor, then put your additional/other windows on the first monitor, that would put the preview screen on the right, with tools to the left if that's your preferred workflow.
http://www.vasst.com
Old August 15th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #517

Themes from the VASST tour

Several have asked about various Themes used on the VASST tours to give Vegas unique looks. I've uploaded a few of them, more to come as I re-tweak the cursors and a few other settings.
http://www.vasst.com/training/Themes/themes.htm
Enjoy.
http://www.vasst.com
Old August 15th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #518
New Boot

thanks, i did a little big of experimenting, i was really looking for interaction with myself...not really like beating myself up...but definitly like walk passed eachother and the like...i will try and find more info on it, already did a little big of googling
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:10 PM   #519
Regular Crew

Waldorf here. This would be great.

-Jonathan
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #520
Major Player

very very nice ..I need to work more with Vegas ...hard to get the time

Vince

thanks for the post
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:58 PM   #521
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Vince Debart : very very nice ..I need to work more with Vegas ...hard to get the time

Vince

thanks for the post -->>>

Thanks everyone.

Why...what NLE do you use?...or do you mean "hard to get the time" in general?
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:01 AM   #522
Major Player

thanks guys, I'll look for the those scrubbing options!
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:05 AM   #523
Major Player

Yes Edward, I know what you mean. Well, I guess for crossfades and generated media I'll settle for NO time code! :)

You have to agree that it would be nice to be able to activate the subtitle on your (home movie) DVD and see the time/date of shooting!
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #524
Trustee

Grain Surgery 2 for Vegas

Yeah, I bet that got your attention! But unfortunately no, it has not been announced for Vegas or anything. However I noticed that Visual Infinity seem quite keen to let people use their source code and algorithms for new applications.

Who do we lobby to try and get a Vegas version of this filter made or get it included in the next Vegas release?

I tried the demo on a few noisy clips of mine and it worked wonders. With tweaking I got a totally clean image with pretty much no detail loss or softness whatsoever.
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #525
Trustee

Vegas filter script

I've looked over a fair few Vegas scripts, and I can find a script that removes all filters from all clips.

However, does anyone know of a Vegas script that will just turn off all filters for all events, and then when neccesary turn them all back on again?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...