Problem with formatting SSD in Shogun at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old March 5th, 2023, 02:05 PM   #1
Tourist

Problem with formatting SSD in Shogun

I tried to boot the Shogun to format a new Angelbird SSD but the Shogun would fail to boot and I got an error message that the firmware could not be read. I then formatted as exFAT the SSD with my computer and this cleared the error message and the Shogun would boot.

The Shogun does not recognize the PC formatted SSD and so I can neither write data to it or reformat it with the Shogun.

Any suggestions?
Bruce Stenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2023, 07:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Problem with formatting SSD in Shogun

What firmware is your Shogun running? If it's not the latest, I would download and install 10.84.1 which is available at the link below. I had some issues a couple of years back with a Flame and running a firmware upgrade fixed whatever the problem was. Even if your Shogun won't see the SSD it will generally see the firmware update on the SSD as that process is triggered outside the Atomos OS, before it boots up. Even if you have the latest firmware, sometimes re-flashing it helps. Just make sure you pull the SSD once the firmware update has completed and the Shogun has shut down. Reformat the SSD on your PC before sticking it back into the Shogun. All the Shogun models covered by AtomOS 10.84.1 are listed on the left. Good luck!

Chris Young

Firmware and release notes are here:

https://www.atomos.com/product-support
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun