Congratulations! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old July 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #1
Major Player

Congratulations!

I just wanted to say congratulations on an important and inspiring project--and thank you for what you and your volunteer crew are doing! After 20 years in another profession, I am now an aspiring independent moviemaker--through video not film.

2nd Unit Television comes at an opportune time in my life. Currently living in Indiana, there's not much direct support and resources for indie production houses. I wish that I lived closer by so that I could offer my help and learn.

As a few others have stated, I too await a downloadable QT version. I've watched Part 1 of the George Spiro Dibie interview but can only get through the first 40% of Part 2 before it unexplainably stops. Oh well, I'm already a fan nonetheless and I'm sure I will catch the rest of Part soon.

Keep up the great work!

P.S. Your 10 hour Sunday shift is admirable but I hope you're finally getting some time to enjoy the holiday weekend!
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #2
2nd Unit TV

I'll say right now on behalf of the team, thanks. This business has never run on accolades;, unfortunately, just the opposite. The pay this team gets that keeps them bringing LA and NY info to the heartland of America is the simple thank yous. If they know they're making a difference then it's all worth it. Please se otehr post I'm outting up in just a minute.
Jonathan
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Jonathan, Paolo and others - thanks to your dedication and willingness to serve the filmmaking community. I just watched George Dibbie part 2 and that guy is soooo cool. I can tell he's a wonderful human being. Very knowledgeable, very down to earth. I wish I was there when the episodes were filmed. It would've been nice to meet a living legend.

BTW Jonathan. That HD100 that was passed from you to Michael to me is quite a workhorse. I'm working on 3 Shorts and 1 feature right now :-)

I wish you guys lots of success.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #4
2nd Unit TV

Thanks. Treat it like a woman and it'll treat you better and stay around alot longer than they will!!! Anyway, we're not finished with George. He'll be joining us for the Rob Kositchek show so I'll let you know when we're taping and bring you on if you're up for that.
Jonathan
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

That would be awesome. Let me know when and if schedule allows, I'll fly down there and meet you all. Thanks.
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Trustee

Hey Jeff.

Thank you very much. As Jonathan said, it's this kind of appreciation that keeps us going :)

Happy 4th!
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #7
Trustee

Thank you George, very much appreciated.
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #8
Major Player

Now, you know this is getting sickening.

As much as I admire how you (Jonathan) and Paolo are working at making 2nd-Unit a success, it's the 4Th of July!!! Take that bike ride like you guys were talking about.

Enjoy Independence Day, before the aliens come back for ID2 (the sequel, which probably will happen someday - good or bad...)

I hope you guys are planning on kicking back, out in the porch, a couple of cold ones in your hand, barby on the grill, and camcorders pointed at the sky tonight.
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #9
2nd Unit TV

Actually we're shooting 1/2 day today and wrapping about 2. I had a change of heart yesterday late afternoon and called our principle actress back this morning which she was glad to do. My change of heart was due to my thoughts that you'd all like to see the filter comparisons on a beautiful girl instead of flowers and windows? AM I RIGHT? Just say the word and I'll send her home and you guys can look at flowers tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Can I go back to work now???
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #10
Major Player

If she goes home, and you still need some eye candy, I'll send you some Indiana corn. I'm sure THAT would excite everyone.
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #11
Major Player

Jeff, have you tried downloading the WMV instead of trying to stream it? Simply right click on the file and select "Save Link As..." (or your browsers equivalent). If you are on an unreliable Internet connection, such as dialup, you can always use a download manager to resume your download, should it be interrupted. Good luck!
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:14 AM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hocking
Jeff, have you tried downloading the WMV instead of trying to stream it? Simply right click on the file and select "Save Link As..." (or your browsers equivalent). If you are on an unreliable Internet connection, such as dialup, you can always use a download manager to resume your download, should it be interrupted. Good luck!
I have not tried that yet. I assumed it was just a video stream without the option to download. I have a high-end DSL service and had no problem with Part 1.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television