And they said it couldn't be done at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old June 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #1
2nd Unit TV

And they said it couldn't be done

Concratulations to us. One year to the day and growing from a single show with George Spiro Dibie to 46k viewers and a fill-length, HD 1080p pilot that's in editing right now, 2nd Unit has come a long way. I'm not going to be hard on us but it's been a difficult time because no one has ever done this before; a weekly series and a pilot series. And with that, I really want to thank the cast and crew who stuck it out but most of all, our sponsors. Sony, Fujinon, Tiffen and everyone who saw that education and entertainment was the key to the future. We're working so hard on a new web presence that will launch next week and have a backlog of interviews but for now, just thanks. Especially Joe Bowey and Matt Garrett. You all are making the sleepless nights all worth it. I worry nightly whether or not we'll have sponsors in the morning because of the enormous workload but I want to remind everyone; this is a TEACHING endeavor. Things don't happen on set in normal time-frame and so to our sponsors, from all of us, THANK YOU for your patience. Your support makes the future filmmakers' dreams come true assuring that that same future isn't left in the hands of You Tube-like shooters... although I do enjoy a god laugh now and then from you Tube videos.
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Congrats Jonathan and team. Way to go on the pilot and the series.
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Congratulations guys! And thank you(!), for giving us Newbies information on how to make it right!

Congrats again. I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming shows...

~Gabriel
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #4
Major Player

CONGRATS, a whole year Wow. All things good work out in the end. I have spent many a nights wondering if it is worth it but something always come thru. I just recieved my camera back and ready to shoot. Since you have a backlog of interviews hopefully we can work out the a schedule and logistics and make it happen. I can use a drive and get out of this heat for a while.
So relax a little, you could not have made it this far unless someone believed in you and you ideals. and from the looks of it , aot of people do believe.
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #5
Trustee

Thank you to all of you, we really appreciate it.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #6
New Boot

Thank you indead to all of our sponsors and loyal viewers!!!
This past year has flown buy and I have learned so much.
Scott C.
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:57 AM   #7
Major Player

Congratulations, Jonathan!

I've been away from the boards for too long but have kept me eye on 2nd Unit and your success. My other eye, I'm afraid, I've had to keep on making a living.

I hope to be more active again on these boards and look forward to season 3. If I can ever get the time to go out west, I'd love to check in with you guys.

Keep up the great work! You and the entire crew are great inspirations to me, and I'm sure, everyone on these boards!

Jeff
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #8
2nd Unit TV

Thanks. The revision of the site and relaunch with the company merger took more time than we thought but I promise it'll be worth the wait.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television