Tim Burton's "Nightmare" in 3D opens today at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Tim Burton's "Nightmare" in 3D opens today

Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in 3D opens today for a limited three-week run:

http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures...are/index.html

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Wrangler

My wife and I are trying to figure out if it will be 'too scary' in 3D for our 5 year old son. He has already seen and enjoyed the film on DVD, but he saw the preview trailer for the 3D version at Meet the Robinsons and almost jumped out of his seat when Jack threw the pumpkin at the camera. Of course he couldn't stop talking about that after the show, so I think he enjoyed the thrill!
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Trustee

Since the film wasn't originally made to be in 3D, there are few of those scary "pop-out" moments...I think that one was the only one in the whole movie. It's fun to see a classic redone in 3D, but it looks more like a parallax effect than actual 3D since its faux. It actually got kind of tiring for my eyes after a while.
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Took the wife to see it this weekend and as the credits rolled she asked me if all of it was 3D or just certain parts. I explained how this was one example of creating a 3D version out of something that wasn't originally shot in 3D, and as far as I was concerned, only parts of it had any significant depth. Can't say I'm a fan of the 2D to 3D conversion process. Fortunately we were using a pair of free passes set to expire soon, so we're only out the gas money and a couple of hours. But both of us are really looking forward to Beowulf!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Trustee

Yeah - it didn't look that great...

As far as ages, I had my 7 and 9 year old w/me, and they didn't seem scared at all.

The new 3-D process does look good though, and I'm def into seeing BEOWULF in 3-D as well....

john

evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery