JVC 46" 3DTV unveiled at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #1
Wrangler

JVC 46" 3DTV unveiled

GD-46D10 Japanese Press Release

Chris and I were granted a sneak-peek of this monitor at CES in January and I must say it is one of the best 3DTVs we've ever seen. It uses pixel level polarization with passive pola glasses so there's no flickering or time displacement between L and R.

It accepts interlaced or side-by-side input.

The English press release isn't on the U.S. JVC site yet. In the meantime here's an automated translation. Translation result for http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/press/2009/gd-463d10.html
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What's the viewing angle like? Sounds like a good monitor for my edit suite to replace my Zalman
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
What's the viewing angle like? Sounds like a good monitor for my edit suite to replace my Zalman
Alastir you havent got an alias of Bill Gates have you there is no price mentioned but you can bet it is going to be humungus then there is the equipment to film 3D and captue and play it back through the 3D tv I will be able to afford it probably in about 20 years if I am still alive.

Regards Alan
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Wrangler

I read somewhere online that the intro price US is $7000. I'll find out for sure on Monday.
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Unfortunately, it seems still to use glasses (circular polarized , 2 pairs included).
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois View Post
Unfortunately, it seems still to use glasses (circular polarized , 2 pairs included).
True...but I've yet to see an autostereoscopic solution that has HD resolution and is not restricted to a finite number of viewing positions (usually 9 to 15.)
I was assisting with setup in the JVC booth yesterday so I took a moment and watched some underwater footage of fish on the GD-46D10 again. It's 4 months later and I'm still impressed.
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Tim is there a minimum distance away from the screen that you have to be to get the full 3D effect.
Alan
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #8
New Boot

Of all the stereo displays I saw at NAB this was the best. I saw it first at a booth that was offering 3D production services and they had the JVC as well as a SONY. Saw the same JVC unit again at the booth and was very impressed. Not sure when/if the SONY one will be available.

The viewing angle was impressive. Also, because it uses circular polarization, you also don't need to have a spirit level on your head to make sure you are not leaning left/right.

JVC said that the initial price would be in the $9000 USD range.

IMHO, compaired to the Zalman... well there is no comparison :)

Alan
Alan Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Wrangler

BTW this TV works perfectly with RealD glasses. I brought my own pair!

Here's the U.S. Press release
JVC News Release - JVC Launches Full HD 3D LCD Monitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Craig View Post
Tim is there a minimum distance away from the screen that you have to be to get the full 3D effect.
Alan
Most people naturally stood about 4-5 feet away which was probably what 3D material was adjusted for. Circular polarization means you can have your head pretty much anywhere and still get good 3D effects.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery