Disney Digital 3D with George Lucas/Dolby-CHICKEN LITTLE changes animation forever! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #16
Trustee

One thing that will help people like me who now dislike going to a theatre is the implementation of the streaming movies. Now you can go online and purchase a stream of the same movie you will see in the theatre. No more getting ready, checking times, driving, fighting in line or fighting to get a decent seat that isn't caked with popcorn, candy and kiddy mess. No more having to shoosh those suckers that can't stop talking or make way too much noise ruffling their $8 snickers wrapper. And OH the crying baby, that's my favorite. I haven't ventured to the theatre in 3 years now, and I LOVE IT. THAT is REAL entertainment!

Hollywood will never die in the theatrical respect, only evolve. 3d won't make or break anything, it's just another feature to consider. The theatre will be replaced in the distant future just as actors have been replaced in a lot of these new "CG" movies. It's just more convenient to watch at home, cheaper, and in some cases a better experience. How many people went to a movie only to be disappointed by the crappy picture and sound. Digital solves this, but it is almost too late.
Old July 12th, 2005, 02:40 AM   #17
Major Player

Well - the cinema theater might just mutate

The cinema theater as we know it today is the direct descendant of Edisons first cinema theater.

At that time the only practical solution to show a move for a number of people was to put then in a dark room with a projektor.

But technology has envolved since then, and today we have numerous ways to show movies for a crowd of people.

What about putting a couple of 42" plasmas up in a corner of a coffeeshop and show a movie here? Money? Local ads or sponsorship.

Or stream it from a WiFi accesspoint to peoples laptops i a bar. Money? Ads and an ekstra charge for access to the movie-server.

Or you could sell it on a MemoryStick for peoples Playstation Portable.

It just takes one creative mind to take movies out of the theaters. And it might even be a success.
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #18
Wrangler

Bring Back Smellovision!!!!
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Bring Back Smellovision!!!!
I second that remark.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 11:07 PM   #20
Trustee

hi folx,

two points:

1. i coulda sworn that i saw a web link to a site that explains that a new technology where "3D" can be achieved WITHOUT the use of glasses. at first i thought that's what lucas was gonna use but then i read glasses and i was like, WHAT????!?!?! does anyone know about this? i can't for the life of me find the link again. i was gonna save it but lost it. it's a 2D display but can display 3D images jumping out of it WITHOUT glasses.

2. the future of cinema is going to become more and more like traditional entertainment that's been around for thousands of years like theatre/dance, public exhibition. some may be enormously successful (from word of mouth), but most will fall into a niche market. most of the entertainment in the not so far future will be streamed via online. i already stopped watching TV or even using TiVO. all the shows i'm watching are on the web free of commercials. i know i know, but i would pay for it if it was available. oh and regarding the small indie guys, i think the lines will blur between large studios and indie guys as the tools become much more accessible to consumers. since the lines of distribution are changing towards the home market, i can see indie moviemakers taking advantage of this just by releasing and marketing straight to DVDs bypassing cinema. it'll finally come down to "content is king" no matter what artform. video games, music, theater/dance, film, TV, etc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery