Fuji's new FinePix REAL 3D W3 camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old September 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Fuji's new FinePix REAL 3D W3 camera

This is not a professional gear, but it fits into a shirt pocket, has a 3D viewfinder that doesn't need glasses and does a reasonable job for "people". My son just got one, so I processed it through the Stereo MovieMaker, Voltaic, FCE and Stereo3D toolbox. I put a simple test clip on YouTube at: YouTube - yt3d: Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W3 Test Clip . It handles the time sync very nicely, but the sensor alignment has to be done in post. Even though it can play straight into the TV, I wouldn't recommend it. At one point he had a mysterious exposure mismatch. I actually like it for trips, etc., but it needs a small stabilizer badly.
Pavel Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Major Player

Updated Clips

There are some problems with the yt3d: on YT since last night. I lost the original file during updates. The problem still seems to be there. You may need to click the 3D button to get into anaglyph, the get into cross-eye, parallel... if you wish to do so. I uploaded couple of very short clips, the fist one is in the native 2x1280x720 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1j_YH3IOho ), the other I upconverted to 2048x1152x2 to test the 4k space to it's max. ( YouTube - yt3d:Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W3W3 Test Clip @ 2048x1152x2 - 4k Space ). The clips are very short, but should show that the W3 pretty darn good.
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Major Player

One thing thats interesting to know is the HDMI output. Is it 1080p/720p ? How does it handle 3D HDMI output if indeed that is outputted ?
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Trustee

Ditto - any technical info would be greatly appreciated....
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:40 AM   #5
Major Player

I didn't use the HDMI port, because I generally edit the video I take first, however, it is a simple point and shoot camera/camcorder with video capture of up to 720p, and HDMI 1.4(a?), so it should output 1280x720x24p video to 3D HDTV sets @ frame packing mode, if connected directly to 3DTV with HDMI 1.4a input or a converter box with such input. I know that it was tested and it works with at least some 3DTVs (will work with all the certified HDMI 1.4a 3DTVs). That should be fairly simple to implement. It will either output nothing or 2D to a 2DTV set, depending on how Fuji implemented and used the EDID. The specs are here: FinePix REAL 3D W3 | Specifications | Fujifilm Global . It outputs uncompressed SBS AVI over the USB and is directly compatible with SMM (StereoMovie Maker - free download) and "MyFinePix Studio ver.2.0 For Windows 7 / Vista / XP" for easy processing and L/R splitting on PCs, or using the StereoSplicer on Macs: http://echeng.com/journal/2010/09/08...s-on-mac-os-x/ . There is one more spec on a "glossy", that seems little more detailed than the web site: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/...talogue_01.pdf .

Last edited by Pavel Houda; October 21st, 2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Major Player

Finally, the Smoothee is comming out. Steadicam Smoothee Some point and shoots will greatly improve view-ability, specially the FinePix Real3D rigs from Fuji. I have some original video of it in 3D here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVj09OAA6x8.
Pavel Houda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery